I'm a big fan of Trulia, just wrote my last blog post on why I love Trulia! But I'm curious, what are your 3 (other) favorite real estate

Asked by Karen E. Bigos, Broker, Short Hills, NJ Thu Feb 17, 2011

websites? Feel free to read my blog post at http://NJHomeExpert.com

Answers

5
Diana Perez, , Bernardsville, NJ
Thu Feb 17, 2011
Hi Karen,
I like Ris media for good, solid articles.
Diana
Jerry Barker, Agent, Atlantic City, NJ
Thu Feb 17, 2011
I only use Trulia for interacting with others about real estate. I use realtor.com to search for real estate outside of my ls service. I use craigslist to search for real estate for rent. I found active rain to be worthless unless your going to fork over the money to make your blog available for the public to view it. Other sites i gove notable mention to that i visit once in awhile are:
sjrates.com for finding the best mortgage and home equity loan rates.
njactb.org for finding taxes, ownership, and sale price history on property
eppraisal.com for getting an idea on a property value
rentometer.com for finding out about the rent on specific property
Web Reference:  http://www.sjrates.com
Gina Chirico, Agent, Fairfield, NJ
Thu Feb 17, 2011
Karen,

ActiveRain is my #1 real estate website. So much information on so many topics. It really is a great community of 200,000 members and the wealth of information on that site cannot be found anywhere else for the consumer or professional. The google juice ranks high especially if you post your blogs there. I recently wrote a post about the 200,000 membership: http://activerain.com/blogsview/2139548/are-we-stuck-at-200-…

I love Trulia too and that takes a second place. My third choice I guess would be Zillow but I don't go on there that often. I'm still thinking about a third choice....lol. Other than AR and Trulia, I don't visit any other site on a daily basis except for http://real-techguy.com. It's more of a real estate and technology website but there's some good information on there too.

Gina Chirico, Sales Associate
Lattimer Realty
Debra (Debbi…, Agent, Livingston, NJ
Thu Feb 17, 2011
Hello there Karen!

Hope all is well with you............

Loved your blog - good luck with winning the "romantic dinner for two"! (If you win - Save me a chocolate covered strawberry!)

I do spend most of my time (in the wee hours of the night ) interacting here, on Trulia, for all of the reasons you delineated in your blog. I have received a number of leads from responding to questions, and in response to listings posted here. The layout makes sense, and is easy to navigate.

But - to answer your specific question for this thread - my second runner up would be Zillow. I am also active there. I sift through the questions that deal with consumers questioning their zestimates and other technical aspects of the site, and try to separate out the actual consumer questions that I feel I can respond to. Each site has its own distinctive flavor.

I also occasionally stop by Active Rain, but more often to read what others have posted, than to post my own blogs. Some of the blogs there can be very informative - some are amusing and witty.

I float in and out of a number of other sites as they come to my attention, but the above 2 are where I can usually be "found"!

That's it for me, as far as interacting on real estate sites.

As far as the consumer's experience in searching for information, from my experience, I see Realtor.com, our Garden State MLS site.... and my own Prudential site as the most active in regard to leads I receive.

Have a great day!
Debbie

ps........ based on what has been said below - I'll have to check out Rismedia more closely!
Laura Feghali, Agent, Stamford, CT
Thu Feb 17, 2011
Hi Karen,
Aside from Trulia, which is my favorite; I frequent Zillow.com, REALTOR.org (the NAR site), and the Broker Agent Social Network web sites. I like Rismedia too for up to date articles that Diana mentioned. Active Rain is also a social media site for real estate agents.
Good luck to you!

Laura Feghali
Prudential Connecticut Realty