I live in NY and will be taking a sublease in Mesa for May, June & July. Can this be done by proxy or must I?

Asked by Susan Mirro, Goodyear, AZ Mon Apr 7, 2008

go there myself. If it can be done by proxy, what do I need to do? I prefer not to fly out just for this, but it just came up. Time is an issue. If anyone is sure of the answer, please let me know. Thanks.

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Haydn, Agent, Mesa, AZ
Wed Apr 16, 2008
Las Sendas is a VERY nice district. I wouldn't mind living there myself. Check Dori out; w/God's Blessings.
There is no reason why you need to travel to sign a Lease. If you were buying I would suggest the trip.
The Property owner or management company should be able to e-mail the Lease Agreement to you and you can print it, sign it, and Fax it back.
Question: WHY do you want to come here in May-July? You realize these are our warmest months?
As to the house you have selected to lease, are you doing this through a property management company? Can they send you photos of the house and the area?
Feel free to contact me if you would like an independent take on the house and location.
Web Reference:  http://www.piperspointe.com/
0 votes
Dori Peters, Home Seller, Mesa, AZ
Sat Apr 12, 2008
We just bought a home in Mesa and won't be moving there until November 2008. Do you want to Lease out our house? it is in the Las Sendas area.
0 votes
Steve Belt, , Scottsdale, AZ
Mon Apr 7, 2008

You could either set up a power of attorney with someone local. Or, I don't see any reason why docs are just faxed back and forth to you in NY. Although I have yet to lease something to someone completely sight unseen, I have represented many landlords that I've never met, including those from NY....not reason you would need to travel here just to sign a lease.
Web Reference:  http://www.teambelt.com
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more