Tech Tips in Orange County>Question Details

Bob Davis, Real Estate Pro in Long Beach, CA

I am a big proponent of social media. Where do you see social media going in 2012, as related to the real estate field.?

Asked by Bob Davis, Long Beach, CA Fri Dec 9, 2011

I would like to hear from agents, brokers and buyers and sellers. What are your likes and dislikes and where do you see the usefulness of social media going on 2012

Bob I agree with Scott completely. My experience is all humans are bombarded every day with email blasts as well as social media. There are agents that literally bother and harass the audience they are trying to connect. I think we all have to look at it no different than mass mailing people(snail mail). How many people do you know who automatically throw out in the trash any bulk mailer communication?

Not all our Facebook and Twitter contacts care what we are promoting. And I would personally be turned off getting pounded with every property and agent is trying to promote to me as a consumer. Target communications I am in favor of or Linkedin as this is a professional social media site in my opinion.

Like Scott said TMI agents.

Good Morning to you,

Rob Hughes: Long & Foster Real Estate Inc.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 9, 2011
I believe that Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and such will reach its "maturity" within next 18 mos and big changes happen then. Those that have only based their advertising on SEO won't be very happy. Now is the time to start getting involved in social media and creating content to share via social media.
I think the key to using social media to your advantage is not to always be in "business" mode. You want people to feel like they know you & can talk to you. You don't want people to think you're only using Facebook/Twitter as a outlet to promote yourself & your business. Talk about everyday topics, get involved in conversations, meet new people & in between all that you can promote your houses. But I think the main thing is to make sure your mixing business with personal., you're more likely to have more followers if you do so because people won't be annoyed with your constant selling.
Hello Bob,
Social media is a wonderful tool for advertising as it has the potential to reach a vast number of consumers. Not only is it a great avenue to communicate with those individuals that you know but also extends out to those they know and so on.
Over 90% of home buyers begin their search on the internet so it's a must for any real estate agent to have a presence there. Videos of homes (YouTube) are gaining more of a presence which gives the listing more exposure for the seller.
In my opinion, the downside to social media is that you will encounter more individuals who will attempt to scam you and be deceiving. Caution is always necessary when dealing with an unknown individual.

Laura Feghali
Prudential Connecticut Realty
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 9, 2011
Bonb i hope that agents learn how to use it correctly. So many times agents are posting "way to much persona info TMI" or taking an arumentative stand on everything. These actions are sending potential clients away in droves not attarcting any.
Web Reference:
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 9, 2011