I AM SUBLETTING A COOP APARTMENT. DO I NEED TO CONTRACT A LAWYER TO WRITE A SUBLEASE? OR CAN I USE THE

Asked by Pat, Queens, NY Fri Apr 25, 2008

STANDARD ONES/

Answers

3
Joseph Ferra…, , New York County, NY
Sat Jun 14, 2008
Use a lawyer. This is not a standard sublease. Subtenants must also be responsible to abide the terms of your proprietary lease-- that requires special language in the rider. Also, you need co-op approval to sublet and a lawyer will help you with that too (some co-ops don't even allow it). Also, many co-ops require your sublease contain certain provisions for their benefit. Use a lawyer.
Andrusha Rea…, Agent, 10011, NY
Fri Apr 25, 2008
I would check with the managing agent for the building and see if they require any particular lease. There is most likely also going to be an application since it is a coop. It may state in that application what kind of lease they will need you to submit and any other rules and regulations they have for tsubmission and for the potential renter.
Henry Cunala…, , Bayside, Queens, NY
Fri Apr 25, 2008
Use a standard one. I have a couple of tenants myself and it pretty simple.

if not call me at 917-497-0729

Henry
Web Reference:  http://www.henrycunalata.com