Does the city have any blueprints or plot plans of my house?

Asked by Mike, 19129 Tue Mar 11, 2008

I recently bought a house in philly and wonder what house plans ( blue prints, plot plans, footprint etc.)exist in the city records. And how can i get them?

Answers

2
Mim Heisey, , Shippensburg, PA
Thu Mar 13, 2008
Different areas have different record systems. Ours is a more rural area so the records are in County offices, whereas your records will be in a city or boro office- perhaps even a precinct office.
Depending on the age of your house, some of these records may be available to you, or anyone else, as they are public records.
Some places you might check are:
- registrar / recorder of deeds office (ask if they have a platbook or some record of land development plans. That would give you lot layout and dimensions)
-local building department, code enforcement office, etc. in some areas plans are filed for approval--probably not going to help if yours is a Queen Anne from the 1800's. :-)
-Your local REALTOR. We ( I am proud to be one!) are in the business of housing, and pick up a remarkable amount of information over the years. Find someone who has been around for a while and is active in your immediate area. If the house is a recent build, who was the builder? developer? They may also have info that would be of help.
Hope that helps!
Mim Heisey
REALTOR GRI
HALE REAL ESTATE
717-532-2814
mim@mris.com
J R, , New York, NY
Tue Mar 11, 2008
Where I am you can go down to the building department and get a copy. The building department will at least be able to tell you where to get them.