Tech Tips in 45247>Question Details

Frank Mcguire, Other/Just Looking in Cincinnati, OH

Does any on line listing like trulia show length of time on market?

Asked by Frank Mcguire, Cincinnati, OH Wed Mar 18, 2009

I am curious to find how long listing have been on the market in order to gage an appropriate offer to make?

0 votes Share Flag Tech Tips in 45247

Hello Frank:

The only access for days on market that I know is through the MLS (agent side). I would suggest to start receiving properties right to your email directly from MLS. This is the core of where all listings start on the internet and you would be able to get the latest, most up-to-date listing information. If you would like to have this service, you can email me with your information.

Here is a link about the tax credit for first-time home buyers.

Happy House Hunting!

Shri Mapes the CIncy House Expert
(513) 253-7156 (Email)
I've never noticed days on market as a criteria on any websites, however your local MLS will have that information available to all of its agents. I had a buyer recently who wanted that information for every listing we saw, so I would always print out the history to have on hand at our appointments. Sometimes days on market is helpful when it comes time to make an offer, as it could foresee a seller's motivation.

Keep in mind though, that it is often difficult to surmise the "true" days on market figure, as sometimes the history will only include the most recent listing timeframe and not show expired listing term lengths. In the current market, it could extend days on market by anywhere from 180 to 360 days.