Did anyone here go to Inman Connect? If so, what did you think of the conference?

Asked by Marlow Harris, 98112 Sat Aug 4, 2007

Answers

7
Ken Glidewell, Agent, San Francisco, CA
Sun Aug 5, 2007
Hi Marlow-

If you are looking for the latest news and new areas where technology is enhancing the real estate industry, then you would love the conference.

The big buzz this year was the "Bloggers Connect" but reading between the lines I think you will see alot of companies adding value to the brokerage community in the next year.

I plan on making this an annual pilgrimage!!

Ken~
Web Reference:  http://www.KenGlidewell.com
Ardell Della…, Agent, Kirkland, WA
Sat Aug 4, 2007
It was great to do a video podcast with Dustin, Robbie and Galen or Rain City Guide We see each other separately, but rarely get the chance to be in the same room at the same time. Meeting people, including Brad Inman, was the best part for me. Plus I got to shop at Bloomies! and a few other stores before I returned to Seattle today. Of course meeting my Active Rain/Inman sponsored Apprentice for Project Blogger, Kevin Tomlinson, was a huge treat. Helping Joe and Rudy of Sellsius take the Blog Tour USA RV apart so they could turn it back to the rental company was great fun.

I think we'll be seeing lots of video on this for weeks to come
Debi Braulik, , South King County & Tacoma
Sat Aug 4, 2007
I went to the Bloggers Connect portion - not the full conference. I thought the Bloggers Connect portion was good. Very informative for a beginning blogger like myself. I enjoyed listening to you speak. What did you think of the conference?
Marlow Harris, , 98112
Sat Aug 4, 2007
Glad you guys liked it. I liked it too! I especially liked the ideas on how to monetize your blog. The Sellsius guys sell ads on their site, which I find intriguing. I've tried it with my Unusual Life blog, selling books from Amazon, and it's doing quite well, but not sure how to do it on my regular industry blog... I do have a real estate search on their, but it's not utilized much, as the site tends to be read more by other agents and those in the biz rather than buyers and sellers. I thought it was fun to listen to some of the bloggers think, like Ardell DeLongia, as she talks just like she writes!
Web Reference:  http://www.360Digest.com
Jim Duncan, Agent, Charlottesville, VA
Sat Aug 4, 2007
It was excellent. I met you briefly outside the Thirsty Bear.

Not only were the panels and keynotes informative, meeting other bloggers was fantastic. I'll hopefully be in New York for the next one.
Deborah Madey, Agent, Brick, NJ
Sat Aug 4, 2007
Yes, it was very informative. I wish I would have made in early enough Tuesday evening to meet more people in person. Tks much!
Dave Rivera…, Agent, Orinda, CA
Sat Aug 4, 2007
Hi Marlow,
I was there for the Bloggers Connect on Wednesday and heard you speak. Thank you for the information you shared. I am very new to blogging; I attended a "how to" seminar just a week ago. I only have a practice blog at the moment, but I found the Bloggers Connect very helpful and informative. I'm really glad I went - I learned a lot and got to know "who's who" in the world of blogging!
Sheila