Can a broker use a lead acknowledgment and addendum document to keep a property?

Asked by Viri, Los Angeles, CA Sun Mar 30, 2008

hazards disclosure Acknowledgment and addendum document be used to keep a property?, instead of being marked as residential lease was marked as purchase agreement, the tenant asked me to sign it and told me that it's not really an important detail because it only refers to lead. I'm not from USA and wasn't really informed about this kind lead issues. But now i realize that there's another sentence in the form that i belive could've and should've being marked because refers to a residential lease instead of purchasing. The tenant is a broker and I wonder if he could sell the property or try to keep it due to this mistake. The house is under probate.

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Rebecca Chambliss’ answer
Rebecca Cham…, , Palos Verdes Estates, CA
Sun Mar 30, 2008
Not likely. The lead paint form is just to acknowledge whether or not there is knowledge lead paint has been used in the property. It is the same basic form used in sales and in leases. It is simply a disclosure. I would recommend if you are not from this country and English is not your first language to hire either a translator or attorney to help you with the documents. It's better to spend a little money and know exactly what you are signing then have the stress of confusion.
1 vote
Laarni G. Om…, , Orange County, CA
Sun Mar 30, 2008
Hi Viri,
I would rather you cross your Ts and dot your Is before you sign, esp. on a probate sale because they require more legal wranglings and I would really feel bad if you loose a house due to technicality.
All the best,

0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more