BranchOut on Facebook ~

Asked by Maureen Cody, Charleston, SC Mon Jan 10, 2011

I just came across the new BranchOut feature on Facebook ... I haven't had a chance to look at it closely yet but appears to be a new networking tool.

So I thought I'd ask my fellow Trulia Agents, what do you know about BranchOut?

Maureen

Answers

9
Tammy Hayes, Agent, Port Charlotte, FL
Tue Jan 11, 2011
BranchOut is your Professional Profile on Facebook.

By expanding your career network through all of your friends on Facebook, you gain inside connections at hundreds of companies.

Put your network to work.

BranchOut.com
Twitter.com/BranchOutApp

Go to Facebook and search for BranchOut. You can like the site and read some of the comments. You can also add the App.
Doug Holmes, Agent, Charleston, SC
Tue Jan 11, 2011
Don't know yet. Will look into it. You're the marketing guru. We were hoping you'd figure it out and tell us about it. Sort of like I'm the numbers guru and I tried to keep you guys informed on the truthful numbers of this market. But, I also love networking and marketing. My BNI(Business Networking International) is one of the foundations of my business. I am tweetting and facebooking my statistics as well. I look forward to finding out more about the Branch Out feature of Facebook.
Maureen Cody, , Charleston, SC
Tue Jan 11, 2011
Thanks all for your responses!!

This does seem to be a viable app to add to your FB account to easily add to your networking capabilities, and does appear to be similar to Linked-In.

Follow this to add to your
http://apps.facebook.com/branchout/

A brief description from their site:
" BranchOut helps you expand your career network to include absolutely everyone you know on Facebook. It's an incredibly powerful tool — but also a lot of fun to explore.

Every time a Facebook friend joins BranchOut, you see where they used to work, where they work now, and where their friends work. You'd be surprised how many connections you have at companies you've always wanted to work at — all through friends of friends. If you're looking for your dream job, these connections can open the door."

Thanks Tammy for your detailed answer, And Doug thanks for the confidence re "marketing guru" :) ... just out here trying to get my arms around all the new things that are popping up.
Increasing Internet influence is my goal for this year.

Good luck to everyone looking to "Branch Out"

Maureen
Dallas Texas, Agent, Dallas, TN
Tue Jan 11, 2011
Can you offer direct link I have not heard of this

Lynn911 Dallas Realtor & Consultant, Loan Officer, Credit Repair Advisor
The Michael Group - Dallas Business Journal Top Ranked Realtors
972-699-9111
http://www.lynn911.com
Cheryll Wood…, Agent, Mount Pleasant, SC
Tue Jan 11, 2011
I can not not it on Facebook. Where is it?
Tue Jan 11, 2011
Thanks to all for the info! I have not checked it out but will.
Maureen Cody, , Charleston, SC
Mon Jan 10, 2011
Sharon and Scott - thanks for responding.... several of my FB friends have joined as of today - so have a feeling this will be something that will rapidly grown!
I just clicked to 'join' did as well a few minutes ago.... though have to get back to it later for details... but seems that it is a "Linked-in" for Facebook... not sure what the connection is but it even allows you to pull in your Linked-in Profile..... will be interesting to learn more...

Maureen
Sharon Bruner, , Charleston, SC
Mon Jan 10, 2011
Hi Maureen,
I haven't checked it out either. Thanks for bringing it up!
Sharon
Scott Godzyk, Agent, Manchester, NH
Mon Jan 10, 2011
I have not seen it yet, but will check it out now. I cant wait to see if anyone else has checked it out yet. Thanks for the heads up
Web Reference:  http://www.ScottSellsNH.com