Blackberry vs. iPhone

Asked by Robert Northfield, Maplewood, NJ Sun Jun 20, 2010

Please share your experience regarding emails (I still use aol & Gmail), battery life, blue tooth connection with car, service with ATT, etc. I have had a Blackberry Curve for almost three years and it started to give me a lot of issues. With all the media coverage about the new iPhone, I am considering it but would like to get feedback from users before switching to a new carrier, new phone. I am also considering getting the new Blackberry Bold 9700. Thanks

Answers

7
Mitchell Hall’s answer
Mitchell Hall, Agent, New York, NY
Sun Jun 20, 2010
I love the iPhone. I originally bought it when it first came out. I recently bought a new one. The only reason I needed a new one was because the camera broke. The camera on the iPhone takes much better pictures than my Nikon. I have both gmail and aol email accounts on my iPhone as well as my company email. ATT service is good. It is much better than my previous provider Sprint. The Corcoran Group, my broker recently did a consumer market report from a poll on our website. The majority of respondents not only use an iPhone as their main mobile device, but they have over 40 apps on them. The Corcoran Group Real Estate has a fabulous iPhone app too.

Mitchell Hall, Associate Broker
The Corcoran Group
mhall@corcoran.com
Michael Dvor…, Agent, NYC, NY
Tue Jun 29, 2010
Perhaps the ost difficult question I have heard to date :)
I am a big fan of the iPhone when it works!!!
Steve Figuer…, Agent, New York, NY
Mon Aug 2, 2010
Having had worked for apple for 5 years, I would say the Iphone however doug is right take a look at the new android its a great device i fiddled with a friends and its pretty impressive. Mitchell is right the new camera is amazing on the iphone the video is pretty much HD. Another alternative is to keep what ever phone you have now and go for an ipad if you want the same functionality of the iphone but on a larger device. I have one and have to say i cant live with out my ipad.

hope this helps
Thomas Tolbe…, Agent, Savannah, GA
Thu Jul 22, 2010
I'm definitely a "Mac" but I love my blackberry. I have been wanting to switch to Iphone but blackberry is coming out with the new Blackberry 6 OS and it looks amazing. Guess I will have to wait and see.
Chalina Bawa, Home Buyer, Jersey City, NJ
Tue Jun 29, 2010
My husband and I are iPhone people. Once you use the iPhone there is no going back, and I say this from personal experience. It makes life so much easier and it works fabulously for us.
Doug Perlson, Agent, New York, NY
Sun Jun 20, 2010
Don't forget to check out Android OS phones. I was a 10 year Blackberry user and just made switch to HTC Incredible - and love it. Had iphone envy but in the end, ATT service was too risky. App store for Android is growing like crazy and will be as big as iphone (if not bigger) in the next year or so. Best app is the GPS. It's amazing and included in the new Android OS. And it's on the Verizon network. When your cell is your business phone, you need to be on the best network in NYC, and for now, Verizon is the only way to go (unfortunately).
Jenet Levy, Agent, New York, NY
Sun Jun 20, 2010
I'm a Blackberry person. Generally speaking, it's the more business-oriented of the two. The World Edition was considered the best for business, but that has been replaced by the Tour. I have no complaints at all about my Tour, and it's international.