The Hagley G…, Real Estate Pro in Pleasanton, CA

Are any Realtors still using newspaper to market listings?

Asked by The Hagley Group, Pleasanton, CA Sun Jul 29, 2007

How are you measuring results?

Answers

7
Bridgette Ko…, , Florida
Mon Jul 30, 2007
Cindi,
there is a very similar thread with some good information you should read. I've attached it as a web link for you.
Paul Slaybau…, Agent, Scottsdale, AZ
Mon Jul 30, 2007
I have only had consistent success with open house ads. I made a concerted effort during the first half of the year to give newspaper advertising another shot. After 6 months of running all types of ads, from splashy color property photo ads to the more nondescript. I wanted to make sure that I hadn't merely given up on this medium because of the falling reputation of the print ad. I got absolutely skunked. In addition to fewer prospects utilizing the paper due to the rise in internet searching, there is just too much for a buyer to comb through in the local classifieds to stand out from the din. I'm glad that I performed the experiment, but it's back to more effective techniques for me.
Web Reference:  http://rayandpaul.com
Rebecca Cham…, , Palos Verdes Estates, CA
Sun Jul 29, 2007
Yes, depending on the listing...I think many lower price home buyers still look through the RE section.
Carrie Crowe…, Agent, Southaven, MS
Sun Jul 29, 2007
Typically speaking, newspaper ads are more to satify clients and get your name out their. They do not necessarily sell homes. Most buyers are looking to the internet for most of their information.
Web Reference:  http://carriecrowell.com
Irina Netcha…, Agent, San Marino, CA
Sun Jul 29, 2007
Hi Cindi,

First of all, great picture!

I only place newspaper ads for Open Houses. I am phasing out all paper and magazine advertising. I am not getting my money's worth. Good question.

Irina
Robert Kroon, , Phoenix, AZ
Sun Jul 29, 2007
Cindi -

Judging from the volume of ads I see in the Phoenix paper, some agents are spending a great deal of money on print media.......However, most agents I converse with tell me they receive few, if any, calls from print media ads. Most agents are turning to some form of internet advertising. Several agents in our office rely heavily on direct mail, sending as many as 1,000 pcs per month.

The best source is still your former clients and people you meet / know and put in your contact list.
Deborah Madey, Agent, Brick, NJ
Sun Jul 29, 2007
Mosty just open house ads on Sunday. There are a few supplements to the regular paper that we particpate in.

We use other print selectively. Print media suitable for the subject property.

We focus mostly on internet marketing.