Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Home Insurance in Tampa : Real Estate Advice

  • All2K
  • Local Info157
  • Home Buying838
  • Home Selling84
  • Market Conditions86

Activity 11
Fri Jul 22, 2016
Kateeemarie asked:
I.e.: To say that I am interested in purchasing said home, and am curious as to what company is currently responsible for providing insurance on this particular home at this time
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Tue Apr 26, 2016
William.sullivan answered:
There is a reason, The protection class could be high, or Geomapping shows ground settlement activity ( Sinkhole), age of home, as well as other conditions. The agent should ask many questions, and have resources to avoid these outrageous premiums. ... more
0 votes 9 answers Share Flag
Mon Apr 13, 2015
John answered:
Yes I had experienced good deal with these public adjusters are completely spread in Florida due to their good services and excellent customer satisfied relationship
contact them for your needs and work. ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Mon Jan 19, 2015
Wally West answered:
I have heard this from many of my friends and I definitely agree. My wife and I will be moving into our first home next month and we couldn't be more excited about it. I have been looking around trying to find a good homeowners insurance because it has been highly recommended to me. This house will be my greatest investment and I want to protect it as best that I can. Hopefully I will be able to get everything completed on time so that we can finally move in.
... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Wed Jun 12, 2013
catherinerhodes1 answered:
Engelke Insurance (727) 526-6785. They have been around for about 25 years and are a broker for many insurance companies to get you he best rate.
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Mon Oct 29, 2012
Margaret Hassani answered:
BMurrayJR67 - The problem with refinancing is that you ARE required to provide whatever the lender is asking for, or else they won't refinance you. It is typical for a lender to ask for insurance for the interior of a condo or townhouse, perhaps 20% of their appraised value of the property, because the blanket policy of the association doesn't cover the interior. And since it is a new loan, new title insurance is required to protect the lender. Title insurance doesn't just cover disputes over who owns the property, it cover any unknown liens, lawsuits, etc., on the property.


Margaret Hassani
Broker, Lightning Realty
Phone/Text: (813) 766-1501
... more
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Mon Oct 29, 2012
Margaret Hassani answered:
Talk to your insurance agent, who can best explain all of your options.
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Sun May 27, 2012
Donald Stevens answered:
The HOA usually has a master insurance policy that covers the building to include your roof. Your responsibility is determined by what the master policy doesn't cover, usually the drywall and everything inside of that you have to insure. A typical condo policy has 30k building coverage which would cover interior walls, cabinets, flooring, sinks,etc. Don't forget your insurance also should cover a loss assessment or a building deductible should your home suffer a loss on the outside of the building. We write condo policies all the time. ... more
1 vote 11 answers Share Flag
Sat Jan 8, 2011
Ken Allen answered:
I am a realtor with the Toni Everett Company and my wife is an homeowners insurance agent with State Farm. We will be happy to help you through this process. Please email me at ... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Sat Jan 1, 2011
Bill Eckler answered:
If you are considering purchasing Florida real estate this Official Florida website on purchasing insurance might be helpful. We recommend viewing it.

Best wishes.
The Eckler Team
... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Search Advice