Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Davis Islands : Real Estate Advice

  • All8
  • Local Info0
  • Home Buying3
  • Home Selling0
  • Market Conditions1

Activity 4
Mon Oct 29, 2012
Margaret Hassani answered:
Jeffrey Timm - You want an agent to be available for you when you have questions. It seems you've gotten off to a rocky start with the agents you mention in your question above. I am real estate broker who is always available to my clients by phone, text or email. Please feel free to contact me for your purchase on Davis Island.


Margaret Hassani
Broker, Lightning Realty
Phone/Text: (813) 766-1501
... more
0 votes 11 answers Share Flag
Tue Apr 20, 2010
Rick Scherer and Kevin Reder answered:
As a rental agent, there is nothing that requires the agent to release that information to neighbors.. As a Buyers agent, I have been asked to research the neighborhood and find any felons or sex offenders in the immediate area, and gave the information to my Buyers for their review. As a rental agent, I provide my Homeowner with a complete background check, including all 50 states and a homeland security check as well as running credit reports. The homeowner should have had that information. There are laws that prohibit sexual predators from living within a certain distance of schools, day care, and parks. Hope that helps, Rick

Rick Scherer & Kevin Reder, ALHS, CLHMS, P.A.
Smith & Associates Real Estate
Tampa, FL 33629
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Tue Mar 16, 2010
Alma Kee answered:
Hi Kathy,

If you want to verify whether a Realtor is legitimate and complaint history, you can go to: and do a licensee search.

I found "a" Chris Jones that works for Coldwell Banker that is a member of the MyFlorida Regional MLS in Arcadia but Chris Jones is a very common name so perhaps it isn't the same person. There is not a Chris Jones who is a member of the Greater Tampa Assn of Realtors nor the Pinellas Realtor Board.

Hope this helps to clear up your question.

If you want, I can set you up on a free account that will give you real time access with more details than Just send me an email,

Good luck.

All the best,
Alma Rose Kee, P.A.
Charles Rutenberg Realty, Inc.
... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Tue Jan 12, 2010
Alma Kee answered:
You may want to consider "tear down" houses or even if one wall is kept up, I believe the buyer can get a 203K loan to finance the major remodel. Hope this helps! Alma
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Search Advice