Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Home Buying in Tacoma : Real Estate Advice

  • All204
  • Local Info28
  • Home Buying73
  • Home Selling13
  • Market Conditions4

Activity 79
Mon Apr 24, 2017
Eric W Vander Werff answered:
Depending on your situation, it could be faster than that. I have helped hundreds of folks who started out with less than perfect credit and eventually purchased a home. We lend in all 50 states and I'd be happy to discuss your specific situation if you would like. Small world, my first home was off 72nd by the Elmers breakfast joint there. I'm told there is a Bass Pro shops near now and I can't wait to come back and visit. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sun Apr 9, 2017
Lawpeder asked:
I need to get out of a purchase agreement and NOT lose my earnest money. The contract says I can based on the inspection results.

Two questions:
1) As a result of a home inspection,…
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Thu Mar 16, 2017
Gabrielle asked:
Tue Nov 1, 2016
Kary Krismer answered:
I believe there is, but you'd need to consult a real estate attorney. The issue is whether the repair terms survive the contract. I suspect you're dealing with a small claims court matter if the seller won't agree to fix it.

FYI, as to terminology your agent is the selling agent. The seller's agent is the listing agent.
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Tue Oct 11, 2016
Tony Grech answered:
wouldn't think it would be a problem. No overtime or bonus income would be allowed for qualifying purposes and if it is hourly as opposed to salaried then you need to show a few months of track record at the new income, and it needs to be CONSISTENT at 40 hours or more ... more
1 vote 2 answers Share Flag
Sun Aug 21, 2016
Tim Foy asked:
Thu Aug 18, 2016 answered:
You need to get help of a loan adviser who surly arrange the loan within the target months so your new home will purchase in time.
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Thu Aug 18, 2016 answered:
If the previous loan is paid off, credit histories along the credit score are good, can go for a new equity loan to buy a new home.
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu Aug 11, 2016
Janice.arceneaux answered:
my mother put the house that I wanted in her name for me cause of my credit issues at the time. However she has never lived there nor has she ever made a payment since it was bought. Well now I would like to put the house in my name and she wants to as well. So I needed to know how are we able to do that ... more
0 votes 10 answers Share Flag
Thu Jun 16, 2016
Jvdnlsmom asked:
We were able to move in to our new home (we had no where else to go) but we would have to pay rent. The sale of this home was a court ordered sale due to a divorce. We are waiting on the…
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Tue Jun 7, 2016
Sally Grenier answered:
Do you want the home or not?? Not sure why this is an issue. If it appraised at purchase price you should be happy. Do you want it to come in lower? And then have to terminate the contract because the seller doesn't want to reduce the price? Not sure what the problem is. Where is your agent in all of this, and what does he/she say? ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Tue Jun 7, 2016
Kary Krismer answered:
As a secondary answer, you'd have to have some contingency or legal defect in the contract to not move forward. Just being suspicious is not enough. If you breach a valid contract you could lose your earnest money (or worse). Consult an attorney before taking any such action. ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Tue Jun 7, 2016
Cendypajarito asked:
inspection was made the price then was dropped to 337k. It took 2 weeks for the appraisal to come in due to miscommunication between the appraiser and the listing agent, but once they did…
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Mon Apr 18, 2016
Kary Krismer answered:
Assuming you mean you live in South Carolina, you'be be better served asking your question in that area of Trulia, rather than the Tacoma Washington section.

In any state what you do need to be concerned about is triggering the due on sale clause on the mortgage (deed of trust). You also need to be concerned about gift and estate tax concerns (estate tax because you'd get a step up in basis on her portion of the house when your mother does pass away). Chances are you need to consult an attorney. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Mon Mar 28, 2016
Ted Clevenger answered:
Hello, I work with a local company as a mortgage advisor in Bellingham. I may have a hard money lender for you, but you would have to have 24 months of bank statements showing available cash flow. give me a call at 360.594.4033 or shoot me an email at if you would like more info. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sat Mar 28, 2015
wvanvec answered:
Twenty-five year rates are not a whole lot lower than thirty year ones. The real savings comes when you change to a fifteen year one. Alternatively, if your goal is to pay the loan off quicker but cannot qualify for a fifteen year one or do not want to be committed to making such a payment every month if your income varies from month to month, making one additioinal payment a year (divided by 12 and paid monthly with your regular monthly payment) will accomplish a savings in interest. ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Wed Jan 21, 2015
Josh Barnett answered:
flag the listing on the site and call your local police and file a report.
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Wed Jan 21, 2015
Robert Krop answered:
1 2 3 4
Search Advice
Home Buying in Popular Tacoma Neighborhoods