Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Financing in Tacoma : Real Estate Advice

  • All213
  • Local Info29
  • Home Buying76
  • Home Selling14
  • Market Conditions4

Activity 16
Fri Feb 16, 2018
Dwightharris365 answered:
Can u help me get a rental with a credit score under 500
0 votes 18 answers Share Flag
Wed Feb 7, 2018
Frank S. answered:
Hello Jdm091985, no the link below does not charge any up front origination fees or discount points. You may consider FHA 3.5% down FHA from a minimum 580 fico score.

Your scores can be raised within 3-4 days in most cases to qualify for programs, rates and terms as necessary. Check out Under 640 Fico Score Loans .com web reference link below... ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sun Dec 17, 2017
Frank S. answered:
Hello Karengreene42053, do you have 10-15% down that they usually want for a non refundable deposit? How much do you pay in rent and what is the maximum payment you are looking to achieve? What are your fico scores and credit issues?

If you have lower scores you may consider FHA 10% down with scores between 500-579 and a minimum 580 fico score may consider 3.5% down FHA. Your scores can be raised within 3-4 days in most cases to qualify for programs, rates and terms as necessary.

You should study RENT vs BUY listings to compare payments. If you figure out what cities/zip codes you are considering, minimum number of bedrooms and the maximum payment you are looking to achieve you can be emailed listings to fit your search criteria.
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Fri Jul 21, 2017
Sgilven asked:
If I have a new property built for a total cost of 260,000 dollars but I am appraised for 300,000 dollars does the difference of 40,000 go towards the down payment of the home? In addition…
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Tue Oct 11, 2016
Invstnlfp answered:
I am state and federally licensed to write purchase and refinance loans in 31 states for a top direct lender in the mortgage industry who offers FHA, VA, and USDA loans down to a 550 credit score. We keep your info private not broker it out and we go down to a 550 credit score for VA and FHA. Feel free to text me or call me anytime
Brian Young 214-797-3479
... more
0 votes 22 answers Share Flag
Thu Aug 18, 2016 answered:
Refinancing is the best option to property buyer or seller. Through this refinance option, they are finance again for buying a new property or pay off the previous mortgage. In this regards, I have a suggestion to you, always get the assistance of a loan consultancy before applying a loan. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sat Jun 27, 2015
Tony Garcia answered:
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Tue Jul 22, 2014
H Singh answered:
Does anyone have any updated information? Does the Vacancy Factor still vary by state for the Denver HOC?

I'm looking to purchase my first owner-occupied quadplex using FHA.
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Thu May 29, 2014
Gregorio Denny answered:
Check out First Mortgage Corporation, they originate VA and FHA mortgages without overlays.
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Sun Sep 15, 2013
Evans Francois answered:
Hi, it might be possible with a large down payment, but most bank are required 620 score minimum and above.
The best thing to do is to check out your local credit union and see what they said, it can't hurt. Let me know if you have any other questions that I can help you with. ... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Tue Jul 9, 2013
Kary Krismer answered:
John, from memory Washington doesn't have common law marriages, but it does have meretricious relationships. Those can create an equitable joint ownership situation in certain situations.

I realize this is an older thread, but Nasif should hire an attorney to consult about his/her specific situation.
... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Mon May 27, 2013
Kary Krismer answered:
I would agree with Don that you need to talk with a lawyer. I'm not really sure what you mean by a guest, but a lawyer is the person you should discuss that with, rather than strangers on the Internet. And in this case you might need a family law lawyer rather than a real estate lawyer.

Assuming you mean that you and with "guest" are or have been in some sort of romantic relationship, there may in fact be some concern there. I don't remember Washington's current case law regarding "meretricious relationships."

As to what samiejohand said, title to the property being in a certain name will not necessarily control ownership (although it might affect right to possession in some instances). Both with community property of married couples and meretricious relationships the title could be in one of the parties with the other party making a claim to part of the property.

Disclaimer: This answer is not intended to be legal advice, but instead suggests that "Nasif" contact an attorney and obtain proper legal advice after disclosing all of the relevant facts.
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Tue Apr 17, 2012
Good morning,

It sounds as if you wish to purchase a home as an investment. Lenders may not discriminate based on marital status so you may---if you qualify---purchase a home.

Why not meet with a local Mortgage Banker with your son and his wife and see if they can qualify for a mortgage with you (and your spouse if necessary/possible) as cosignors? This may be a much easier route for your son and his wife to take on the journey to homeownership.

Trevor Curran
NMLS #40140
... more
0 votes 12 answers Share Flag
Sat Apr 14, 2012
Erin R. Myers answered:
Quick question back at you if you do not mind. Have you had a Realtor evaluate your property? How do you know your home value is not up to par?? I wonder if you are aware of the significant changes happening in our local Real Estate market?
King and Pierce Counties are in the process of a transition from a buyers market (where there are more homes then buyers) and quickly approaching a reasonable sellers market (where there are more buyers then homes). This is causing most homes when priced right to receive multiple offers in which case this is driving the prices up to a point where a short sale in some cases can become a non-short-sale.
If you have not had your home priced by Realtor recently you may actually be surprised at what your home could be worth.
Also you may consider asking a local lender in Dallas about special financing for disabled home purchasers. And than as was mentioned below using your rental income to qualify for a new purchase in Dallas.
I hope this was helpful, and if you would like I would happy to do a CURRENT evaluation of your property and see if you may have other options.

Thank you for your time,
Erin R Myers
Team Success
John L Scott Real Estate
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Wed Nov 30, 2011
Alain Picard answered:
Tue Jan 4, 2011
Tonya Hunstock answered:
There are many programs available. Is there a specific reason you want to go conventional? FHA offers 3 1/2% down and there are other programs that can get you in with 0 down. When possible I like to advise my clients to keep your money in the bank and save it for that rainy day. Putting money down unless it is a large amount doesn't usually change the payment enough to warrant not keeping your funds in the bank. If you would like to speak to me more on this or need a referral to a good lender, don't hesitate to call me anytime. I would love to help in any way I can.
Tonya Hunstock
Better Properties
... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Search Advice