Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Remodel & Renovate in Sunnyvale : Real Estate Advice

  • All378
  • Local Info33
  • Home Buying195
  • Home Selling23
  • Market Conditions14

Activity 15
Mon May 9, 2016
Ellievdavis55 answered:
I would suggest talking to the permit office and telling them your story. They should be able to tell you what needs to be done to make sure that you're on the right side of the law. Another way to go would be to talk to a professional and see what they would do for you. It might save you some time, especially if they need to get a permit, because they would be able to get the job done quickly and correctly the first time. ... more
0 votes 34 answers Share Flag
Sat Apr 23, 2016
Sam Shueh answered:
If you had only 1 before it pays. But if you have 3 already
the return is smaller.

For your 100 sf it will make a difference again it depends on the original size of home & zip code.

Sam Shueh
Realty One Group
Campbell, CA
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Fri Mar 25, 2016
James.grey2492 answered:
Hi, I recommend you HCSE which is the well known company in CA. This company gives the expert solutions and satisfied response. To hire their services and get more info you can visit their website: ... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Wed Mar 2, 2016
Megan Kacholia asked:
We are looking to install a new inground pool in our backyard. But this is seeming to be almost as complicated as building a new house - so many things that can go wrong! I want to find…
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Wed Jun 10, 2015
Sam Shueh answered:
Suggest pavers (e.g. colorful) very popular adding value to the property.

Badminton court is not popular. Next owner need to jackhammer to get concrete out.

Sam Shueh
Realty One Group ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Mon Apr 13, 2015
Arpad Racz answered:

I know a local contractor I can put you in touch with. Please contact me from my profile.

Kind regards,

0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Thu Sep 4, 2014
webmihir answered:
Thanks for the answers everyone.

The HOA is fine with giving permission as long as the City Hall issues the permit. The structural engineer at the city hall took a look at my renderings, and wanted to see either the F2 diagrams (which the HOA does not have), or get a letter from a certified structural engineer stating that the walls we are moving/breaking are non load-bearing (or an alternate plan on how we will support if the wall was load bearing). ... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Fri Nov 15, 2013
webmihir answered:
Thanks everyone for the answers. My agent does have a couple recommendations, but I need backup quotes to compare and also make sure I have a contractor if the Realtor recommended contractor is busy. ... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Sun May 26, 2013
Thomas Young answered:
203k loan is designed for home repairs.
From my experience with 203k loans, the best advice is to use a lender that offers assistance via third party with 203k processing.
This shortens the closing time by weeks. Try for more information. ... more
0 votes 17 answers Share Flag
Sun Dec 5, 2010
Alan May answered:
I'm glad that you won (it sounds like a reasonable conclusion to me), but I know how these things go, and it probably ate away at your stomach lining all this time, so I hope he had to pay LOTS for your time and pain.

(just as a side note to Ruth & Perry's comment... where they said: "He can effectively put a mechanics lien in time and have your home sold at Auction." That's not quite accurate. Yes, they could have put a mechanics lien on the property.... but they couldn't force your home to be sold at auction based on that lien. It would have mean that the lien would have had to be "paid off" before the home could be transferred or sold.)

Congrats on the win.
... more
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Sat Nov 6, 2010
Ruth and Perry Mistry answered:
At least $5000 for cabinets and atleast $5000 for appliance plus about a $1000 for flooring.

I am doing an Open House on Carroll Street today and tomorrow.

Do stop by.

0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Mon Jun 14, 2010
Aleksandar Totic answered:
I've struggled with redoing my master bath for months. The breakthrough came when we decided to move the walk-in closet and have it face the bedroom. We ended up with a very spacious, happy bath. The original was super cramped. See my blog post below for info: ... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Thu Feb 11, 2010
Timber Creek Construction answered:
No it does not.
We usually let the client take care of those items.
We have designers and architects that we work with if the client needs some direction on that issue.
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Wed Feb 10, 2010
Timber Creek Construction answered:
Feel free to use the "Request an Estimate" page located on our website.
We can provide you with a free estimate, set you up with an out of house designer and pull your permit, then remodel your home to suit your needs . ... more
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Search Advice