Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Home Buying in Suncook : Real Estate Advice

  • All1
  • Local Info0
  • Home Buying1
  • Home Selling0
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 1
Tue Mar 10, 2009
Chuck Braxton answered:

If you read the information carefully, you will realize that you can actually put the $8,000 credit on your 2008 tax return. If you are in the process of buying a home and have not filed your taxes, you can submit a form called an automatic extension of time to file Form 4868 with any tax due and delay when your actual return is due until October 2009. Nice thing is that you will likely not owe any tax since you are getting the $8,000 credit so there is no money to pay with the extension. Close on your new home, then file your 2008 return. You will already be ahead. You may also want to adjust your withholding. This is not intended as financial, legal or tax advice, just a hint as to how to be savvy. Chuck ... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Search Advice
Home Buying in Suncook Zip Codes