Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Schools in Sugar Land : Real Estate Advice

  • All168
  • Local Info29
  • Home Buying53
  • Home Selling6
  • Market Conditions6

Activity 27
Thu Nov 26, 2015
Philip Hsiau answered:
2230 Unswept Court, Sugar Land, TX 77478 is zoned to Dulles Middle School, rent is $1650.
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sat Jan 31, 2015
ketanpatel4156 answered:
which date the pre k admision open inrita drabek elementry?
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Mon Sep 16, 2013
Sherry Miles answered:
Once again, the high school is Stephen F. Austin High School
1 vote 7 answers Share Flag
Wed Sep 11, 2013
Eric Collins answered:
Excellent neighborhood. Walker Station Elementary is nestled within the Master Plan Community of New Territory as you probably know is very highly rated. I lived there for 19 years and found Walker Station superior to private schools. I found 12 active listing "today" in New Territory. For more info ... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Wed Sep 11, 2013
Eric Collins answered:
Your request is a pretty tough call considering your only parameters are 2/3 bedrooms, Sugar land, and Clements High School. I don't know where you are coming from but you obviously are knowledgeable about the area since you picked prime location and Fort Bend's highest ranked school. My query yielded 37 active listing most under $2000/mo. If you need further assistance contact me at Good luck with your search. ... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Sun Sep 8, 2013
Judy Moore-Everett answered:
Venkat....My fee is taken care of by the landlord, you pay no fee. I will be happy to send you listings in the area and criteria you described if you will send me an email address. It is not possible to send you any listing information without this information. Thank you for getting back to me. Feel free to call or email me this information.
Judy Everett
RE/MAX Fine Properties
Sugar Land
281 799-6282
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sat Sep 7, 2013
Rosie Moore answered:
Thank you for your question. No, this address is zoned to Austin High School, which like Kempner, has a Recognized Rating.

There is an easy way to determine the schools that are zoned to a particular address in Sugar Land thanks to the Fort Bend ISD website. Click the link below, and type in any address and the school zones will appear.

If schools are one of several factors in determining where to live, please click on the link to my blog of all the current school ratings in Sugar Land.

I specialize in Sugar Land. I would be more than happy to assist you in your home buying needs. Feel free to contact me at 281-703-6901

Thank you,

Rosie Moore
Keller Williams Southwest
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sat Jun 22, 2013
Dorothy F Valencia answered:
Sugar Land has several Montessori schools and depending on your child's age and the grade level the school goes up that you want your child to attend. I too have my child in Montessori School and called until I found one to best fit our needs. Going to third grade now, my son has been very happy for the last two and a half years at his school. Here is a list of a few you may want to call and look into.. I believe this will be of great help as I can be of assistance to you too.

First Colony Montessori South
2511 Williams Trace Blvd
Sugar Land
(281) 980-6100

Cambridge Montessori School
6380 Hwy 90A
Sugar Land
(281) 491-2223

Riverbend Montessori School
4225 Elkins Rd
Sugar Land
(281) 980-4123

Montessori Unlimited
6633 Greatwood Pkwy
Sugar Land
(281) 343-1888
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Thu Jun 20, 2013
Stanley Reid answered:
To be specific, the home referenced is assigned to Kempner High School. If you need more questions answered, please feel fre to give me a call........281-450-6680
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Tue Feb 19, 2013
Linda J. King answered:
This Riverstone Community is a Johnson Development that is truly awesome!! Sales are brisk and is one of te best there is to live in!! It in in the Great Fort Bend Schools, has Lakes, Walking Trails, Neighborhood Pools, is close to freeway and toll systems that can get you anywhere in the Houston areas, out of town and beyond, Wonderful Restaurants, convenient Grocery Stores, Entertainment, Movie Theatres and .... Great Shopping!.
There is even a Memorial Park - Sugar Land area for a children's play area and around the lake activities including a dog park within a short drive.
There is a Riverstone Recreation Club and Water Park in the works!
There are many sections and price ranges to choose from so, let me know what other questions I can get answered for you and what you might be interested in seeing or looking for and we can get started in your search! I have been selling homes for more than 30 years, Owned my own Re/Max Real Estate Office so, let my knowledge and experience work for you!
Thanks, Linda King Re/Max MTC (281)236-4251
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Thu Nov 1, 2012
Ginny Mobley answered:
Kempner as an RN I did my school nursing rotation there, while that was a long time ago, I do have children (DHS 2007 grad and last child class of 2013) from what I've experienced and heard from their friends, as well as my mother a retired algebra/physics/chemistry teacher, who tutors HS aged children after school, the "ranking" of quality of education, and the school environment, etc, the SL area, from best to worst, (that we've had experience with) Clements, Kempner, Dulles, Hightower. ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Sat Oct 20, 2012
Natalie Aggarwal answered:
As long as you can lease a house or apartment in your name , your child will get the admission in public school. For more information go to I. Feel free to call me and ask me any question you have. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Wed Aug 15, 2012
Rosie Moore answered:
I agree. The best way to find out is to contact the FBISD's Communications Department for school zoning inquiries. I actually called this office to verify zoning from an agent's listing.
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Mon Aug 13, 2012
Neeti Chauhan answered:
As long as you can secure a house in your name either rental or buying, your daughter will get the admission in public school (government). Private schools are set up differently, if there is any vacancy they will ask you to go through the process. Please visit Fort Bend ISD for more information at I volunteered for the school district for 10 years. I have also worked for FBISD. Feel free to call me and ask me any question you have. ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Wed Aug 8, 2012
Neeti Chauhan answered:
Best way to find out.
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Sat Jul 7, 2012
Barbara Montgomery answered:
There is no house at that address?? I drive down that street several times a day to get to my home and there is nothing there? Are you saying that you live at that address? If you did --it would be Dulles. Let me hear from you. Thx-- ... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Wed May 9, 2012
Jerri Hoyle answered:
Yes, this propertyis zoned toClements High School.
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Sun Jan 1, 2012
Don Turner, GRI answered:
Not sure if you have a neighborhood pick out already or are you just asking a general question, contact the homwowners association to get most of the information you may need for a neighborhood and you can pick up crime information from the Sheriff's department, go and talk to some neighbors if you have a house picked out already. ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Mon Feb 14, 2011
Nanci Zimmerman answered:
Check with the school and talk with your child's teacher (if you need a translator-request one from the school-that is your right). The school may have a talented and gifted program available for your daughter.

Remember, the fact that your daughter is doing well in school and above grade level will hopefully boost her self esteem. Tonya's answer below is another option.

This forum is for real estate questions not educational questions with regard to children and their school.

Best of luck to you

... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Wed Nov 17, 2010
y answered:
A dual enrollment will be required if you live with your friend. Contact the attendance secretary at Cornerstone for more details on what you will need for that at 281-634-6400

The basic requirements are:
*birth certificate or its equivalent
*most recent report card or grade transcript if your child has attended school elsewhere
*immunization records (immunizations must be current)
*proof of residence, including a deed, lease or mortgage agreement, a recent utility bill (water, gas, electric),
*a student's social security card (will be requested) or state assigned ID number, and
*a government issued photo ID of the student’s parent or guardian, which provides their FBISD address (TX Driver’s License/ID Card)

Good Luck!
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
1 2
Search Advice