Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

How To... in Suffolk County : Real Estate Advice

  • All89
  • Local Info8
  • Home Buying46
  • Home Selling9
  • Market Conditions1

Activity 14
Thu Apr 6, 2017
Myles Kronman asked:
I signed up on accident asa regular account. I am an Agent. When I went to resign up as an agent It would not allow me to use the email. If I could have someone switch my accounts or delete…
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Fri May 29, 2015
Victoria answered:
How about if you don't like he house, move.
Why get the town involved.
All the town wants is more money.
Just look at the head building inspector that left Mastic B. under questionable complaints, he now has a higher position in Crookhaven, He also has a plan to fine home owners $1,000. for building renovations done years ago with out permits.
Did anyone ever go to one of the newly formed mastic beach village court events.
They are disgusting money grabs with ridicules fines. I guess everyone wants a raise next year.
It looks like the money grab wont end until everyone [working in the private sector] leaves LI.
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Fri Feb 27, 2015
Nicholas Campasano answered:
I would contact customer support.
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Wed Aug 7, 2013
Ralph Windschuh answered:
If you're listed with one of those limited service brokers that charge you an up front fee for MLS listings, you have limited control over the way your listings are posted. If you changed the photos on MLS, it may take a day or two (or even more) to filter down to all the sites that pick up the feed from MLS. Good luck in the same of your home. ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Mon Dec 19, 2011
Dorothea "Dot- Legakis" Salvo answered:

If I am understanding you correctly, you purchased the home without having the certificates of occupancy in place for the playroom and pool? Were you working with an agent who represented you in the transaction? Did the attorney representing you advise that the taxes would increase once you applied to the town for the Certificates of Occupancy? Did you know that the certificates of occupancy were not in place? If not, You may wish to revisit with them both to discuss.

However, the most important thing to do now is to try and correct the situation.

At this point, it is correct that you can attempt to grieve your taxes. Contact the Town of Islip in order to get the correct information regarding the specific dates that this must be done. You have three options:
Complete the paperwork and file the greivance yourself.
Hire a Professional company that deals in tax greivances.
Hire an attorney, who may cost more, but may provide more personalized service.

Also correct, is to apply for the star exemption which will help lower your taxes due, although has nothing to do with the decreased value of your home,which is dictated by the supply and demand of the current Real Estate Market.

Best of luck to you,
Dorothea "Dot" Salvo
Keller Williams Realty
Cell: 516-768-6196
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Tue Jun 28, 2011
Anna M Brocco answered:
Not sure your question is understood, however you really should consult with an attorney who specializes in Trusts and Estates.
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Wed Jan 6, 2010
Jerry Cibulski answered:
Hi Paul,
If you are posting the home yourself on the site you can add the pictures within the listing. If you are looking at a listing you have with the broker you can do a search for the property by the mls # and then claim the listing. Once you have claimed it to your account here, you can click on the property and it will have a tab to upload additional photos. ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Sat Jul 4, 2009
Fajardo Delacruz answered:
Lets see what your needs are and if renting is better then selling.
If you have additional questions, please direct them
to me or need an agent feel free to call.
My Direct # 347-813-1290.
Here is my website
or my e-mail
Hope to hear from you soon.
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Sun Nov 9, 2008
Jaishree Zilpelwar answered:
If you like to find out more, please contact me and I will give you the government agency phone# to contact and help you preapre the business plan, and any help you can get. Good Luck......
Jane Zilpelwar
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Wed Oct 15, 2008
James Kobzeff answered:
Hi Monica
(1) Drive around and look for signs; (2) Check the newspaper; (3) Check "Craig's List".
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Sun Aug 17, 2008
Jaishree Zilpelwar answered:
Before you do anything, please contact the Brookhaven Town 631-451-TOWN and ask for Zoning Department, they would need the information such as ...Section, Lot, Block, District, name of Land Owner..The Town code has become very strict, they would be able to tell you the Zoning, the size of the land require to build a property, and how many square feet of building or the size, etc questions...
Also if you call the Realtor in the area, they would be able to give you some idea of Land Value and what, where and size of the building can be build.
Please feel free to email.. phone# 631-889-2997.....Good Luck...
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Tue Aug 5, 2008
Jaishree Zilpelwar answered:
You can call your local Town Tax Assessor's office...they can tell you by property address, and many time name of the owner also. Nassau county has website to look up the taxes.
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Thu Jul 31, 2008
Gail Gladstone answered:
I do not believe there are any rent controls in Suffolk is at the will of the landlord.

As a landlord myself, when I get a good tenant, pays on time, reports problems immediately...I never raise their rent! ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Search Advice