Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Staten Island : Real Estate Advice

  • All1K
  • Local Info71
  • Home Buying285
  • Home Selling70
  • Market Conditions30

Activity 991
Tue Sep 1, 2015
yeefun1209 answered:
Yes, your son can make payments for you as it doesn't make a difference to the bank as to who is making the payments as long as its paid. You will have to bring all payments up to date to avoid the foreclosure. If you don't mind me asking, where is your property located? ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sat Aug 29, 2015
Kathy Burgreen answered:
Contact the agent as I'm sure Nick will be able to assist you.
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sat Aug 15, 2015
Kathy Burgreen answered:
Sorry for your 3 yr. ordeal and as a retired realtor, I know its difficult. Unfortunately, when it comes to Secxtion 8, HRA rental assistance or any other government assisted program, landlords need to meet requirements for these programs and because of the hassles + any expenses the landlords need to pay means most landlords don't want to bother with it. Its much easier for landlords to have regular renters pay the full rent than to go thru any hassles with government programs. To make matters worse, these government programs only pay about 75% of the regular rent & they tell landlords that they have to accept that rent and cannot charge people like you for the extra 25%. So this means landlords will lose 25% rent every month & of course this is unfair to the landlords.

Your best bet is to get on a waiting list for city owned housing or go to the Housing Authority and ask them what landlords are doing HRA acceptance.

This is why its so important if you have a job, to save 10% of your paycheck every week & put it into a savings account or retirement account. If it means cutting expenses on other stuff, its worth it. If you had savings, you wouldn't be in this situation.
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Mon Aug 3, 2015
Scott Godzyk answered:
Only licensed agents can post homes for sale on Trulia
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Sat Jun 27, 2015
bakermom200 answered:
Covington Park is a development name, not an actual town. And no, it is not at all in the dump.
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Thu Jun 25, 2015
Vladimir Barman answered:
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu May 21, 2015
Sisiryyy55 asked:
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Sun May 17, 2015
sisiryyy40 asked:
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Fri May 15, 2015
sisiryyy32 asked:
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Thu May 14, 2015
Cinthia Cuello asked:
Sun May 10, 2015
Sally Grenier answered:
FYI -- you're posting this on a public Q & A forum. Nobody here, or from Trulia can help. This site is jsut a big marketing database of listings from various sources.

Plus...if your house isn't for sale yet, it really doesn't matter. Hopefully you'll be hiring a REALTOR who will take professional photos of your home, and list it in the MLS. By doing so, it will eventually show up here on Trulia through a listing syndication service. What you're seeing now is likely just the public records info on your home. If you really want to change the can "claim" the home as the owner and make changes. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Mon May 4, 2015
Mike Eiselman answered:
More important you should ask about the quality of living in this building which is terrible. My mother lived in this building for years. What I can tell you is this: Only buy a unit there if you can handle lots of smoke, noise and stress. Even if you buy and then later want to sell, it will be difficult to sell because of the unhealthy conditions in the building. This building is difficult to get into, and really difficult to get out of. There are also rumors based on reality that the superintendant receives money to keep construction going on the building for YEARS and YEARS. This means construction noise every day for YEARS and YEARS. I wish I was kidding. Best advice I can give you AVOID this place. ... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Sat May 2, 2015
sisiryyy40 asked:
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Thu Apr 30, 2015
nmax2360 answered:
what kind of house can a engineer rent
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Fri Apr 24, 2015
Simon Watson answered:
One way for sale by owners to show up on the Trulia listings is to
post it on a web site called FIZBER.COM, it will show up on Truila within 24-48 hours

Simon Watson
Keller Williams Realty-East Bay
VA Buyer Experts
(925) 286-7112
(510) 859-4773
BRE 01881304
... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ...
Search Advice