Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Home Selling in Stanislaus County : Real Estate Advice

  • All14
  • Local Info1
  • Home Buying5
  • Home Selling0
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 52
Wed Sep 20, 2017
Jspruce answered:
is there a certain amount time to determine if a creditor is owed money? If so, what is it for the state of Alabama?
0 votes 13 answers Share Flag
Sun Jun 11, 2017
Scott Godzyk answered:
YES, those willing to make quick cash offers want a discount. They will not offer what an owner occupied buyer would pay selling traditionally. It could be as much as 20 to 30% less.
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Mon Sep 12, 2016
Angelica P answered:

To post your home for sale by owner on Trulia, click the link below and select Submit listings for sale.

You will be redirected to our partner site, Zillow. Once you activate your listing on Zillow, it will appear on Trulia within 24 hours.

For future reference, you can feel free to contact us about this type of inquiry through our contact form here:

Thank you for using Trulia!

Consumer Care Advocate
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Sat Aug 22, 2015
Derek Jones answered:
Trulia doesn't allow for fsbo so an agent would have to list it.
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Tue Jul 28, 2015
Derek Jones answered:
Are you an agent? If so, check with your broker.
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Wed May 13, 2015
Arpad Racz answered:

Did you post it manually, or through, or through a feed automatically please?

all the best,

0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu Apr 23, 2015
Derek Jones answered:
Sometimes it can take up to 48 hours for it to get updated on all the 3rd party sites depending on how it was posted to Trulia. As long as the service they used pushes photos you should be fine. If for some reason photos still don't show up then yes they can manually edit the listing and add photos. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu Apr 2, 2015
Dan Tabit answered:
Village 1,
Are you listed with an agent? They should take care of this for you. Trulia does not accept FSBO listings. There are sites that do, but if you posted here and on every other site that allows you to, you won't get the level of exposure that listing with a great local agent and appearing on your local MLS will get you.

A great agent is worth more than their commission, but a bad one or none at all can cost you way more than just a commission. Consider discussing your options with someone worth working with and then do whatever you feel is in your best interest. Best of luck however you proceed.
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu Jul 10, 2014
Teri Andrews-Murch answered:
There are real estate agents that specialize in mobile home sales and also mobile home dealers who only sell mobile homes. Talk to some of your neighbors and see if they have any recommendations for real estate agents in your area.
Check also with your park manager to see if there are any upgrades that need to be done prior to selling.
... more
1 vote 2 answers Share Flag
Tue Jun 24, 2014
Diego Hernandez answered:
You will have to pay the back taxes from closing proceeds.

2410 Camino Ramon #359
San Ramon, CA 94583

Diego Hernandez
Loan Officer at Primelending

Direct: 9259645505 Fax: (866) 908-1686

NMLS: 1097859
PrimeLending NMLS 13649. Equal Housing Lender.
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Fri Jun 20, 2014
Diana Hellman answered:
The best way to gauge the price would be to contact and agent at a reputable real estate agency in your area and ask for a competitive market analysis. The agent will pick comparables in your area that have sold within the past year and that should give you some clarification. Also, location and condition of your home will need to be factored in so if you get an experienced agent who is familiar with the inventory, you should be on the right track. ... more
0 votes 14 answers Share Flag
Mon Oct 28, 2013
Scott Cary answered:

It's all about disclosure! If you know of a code violation and fail to disclose it to the buyer there could be legal issues down the road.

But to keep it simple and just stick to your, you do not have to address or repair the code items.

Good luck!
... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Sat Oct 26, 2013
Valia Rasuli answered:
Many of the answers below are correct. There are timeframes and rules to abide by if you do choose to go it alone.

Are you looking to sell by yourself, or select a different agent? Have you received any offers on the property?

You can cancel a listing if you have an honest conversation with your agent and what he/she has not done in order to get your home sold. As long as all parties agree, it should be a pretty simple process.

If you have received offers, or your agent has shown the home to buyers, they will present you with a list of people whom, if you sell the house to one of them, you would owe the commission.

Great question.

Valia Rasuli, Broker Associate
PMZ Real Estate
(209) 485-8302
... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Thu Oct 17, 2013
Heidi Roddan answered:
I would advise you to look at an agent's recommendations from past clients on this site, or ask your agent for phone numbers of past clients. I have sold many homes in Modesto and continue to be successful due to past client recommendations and referrals. ... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Sun Sep 22, 2013
Diego Hernandez answered:
That is odd. You should receive your money! I have a lawyer in Modesto I can connect you with if your lawyer isn't performing.
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Fri Sep 20, 2013
Michele Wilson answered:
The rates are being kept low by the Fed action. The bond market has not responded to the latest Fed release and rate continue to be near historic lows. However, once the Fed steps aside, rates will be determined by the market and will be much higher when this happens. ... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Mon Aug 26, 2013
Edward Parcaut answered:
You should first try to short sale or do a deed-in-lieu, before you just walk away from the homes. You will still be legally responsible for the homes until they are taken back by the bank. You should consult with an accountant before you go forward on any of these endeavors. ... more
0 votes 9 answers Share Flag
1 2 3
Search Advice