Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Home Buying in Springfield : Real Estate Advice

  • All104
  • Local Info4
  • Home Buying27
  • Home Selling6
  • Market Conditions4

Activity 32
Fri Mar 25, 2016
Bob Brandt answered:
Not sure what fobs is, but you may have meant fsbo or an unrepresented seller.
You may want to just go to the house and then call the number on the sign or knock on the door, unless you can find a current on line ad.. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu Apr 23, 2015
Sally Grenier answered:
Once the home has been through the foreclosure process (which can take many months), then it will eventually be listed for sale. (most likely). Or it could get sold at auction by county trustee. Hard to say where it is in the process and how it will be sold. You could talk to a local Realtor and wait for it to come on the market. You cannot just contact the bank or lienholder and offer to buy it. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sat Apr 5, 2014
Sivya Weis answered:
Great question, and congratulations on being smart enough to think ahead with this.

See these websites for great answers to your question:,,408045,00.html
... more
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Sat Apr 5, 2014
Doris J. Bailey answered:
Dear Caradox Kinomiya,
Thank you for your question.
Getting pre approved or having proof of cash funds is very important and should be considered before pursuing purchasing. Another inportant thing to ask yoursself is, will you live in that home yourself or will it be a investment property? As HUD gives first rights to Buyers looking to occupy the property, all others must wait the time limit set by HUD(most of the time it's 15 days).
Please give me a call if you need information on lenders in Springfield area of if you would like listings of HUD/Foreclosure homes in the area.
Thank you and take care!

Doris J. Bailey-REALTOR, GRI, AHWD
The Real Estate Group
"Your Success, My Passion"
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Mon Mar 31, 2014
Justin Creasey answered:
Hi there. I'd be happy to send you some homes in that area code. What is your price range?
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Sat Jan 18, 2014
Doris J. Bailey answered:
Dear Brodie Taylor,
The association fees for Collongwood Estates is about 1,000 dollars a year.
However, at this time there are no homes on the market in that subdivision. I welcome the opportunity to help you find a home in another subdivision comparable to Collingwood Estates.
Thank you and take care!

Doris J. Bailey-Realtor/Broker
The Real Estate Group
"Your Success, My Passion"
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Wed Nov 13, 2013
John Kerstein answered:
Good Morning Sister Mary,
I currently have one apartment and one home that may work for you. Give me a call so we can discuss your exact needs and your budget. I would love to be able to find you a new home.

John Kerstein
Broker / Partner
Prairie Property Solutions Realty

"Realty With Integrity"
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Tue Nov 5, 2013
Ashley Pimentel answered:

Congrats on the new job! If you are looking to purchase I may be able to help you. Do you have 2 years in the same line of business? I work with over 40 lenders, so I can provide the best possible financing. Feel free to contact me if interested.

Thank you,

Ashley Pimentel
Senior Loan Originator
Market Place Mortgage
246 E Janata Blvd. Suite 220
Lombard, IL 60148
Cell: (630) 217-7013
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Mon Oct 14, 2013
Zach Seales answered:
I work with Guardian National Bank and we have real estate contacts in every region of America. I would love to get you in touch with someone in that area. Please contact me at the information on my page and we will see what we can get handled. Thank you.

Zach Seales
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Mon Sep 30, 2013
Cheri Shadis-baker answered:
Cheri Shadis-baker, Broker, Springfield, IL
This answer is from the listing agent of 2120 S. State Street Springfield, IL. Cheri Shadis. The list price is $108,000. 1446 Sq. Ft., Bsmt., story and a half, 3 bedrooms, 1 bath, natural charm, and natural woodwork, curved arched doorways, Hardwood floors, high ceilings, and great closet space. Fireplace with gas log, great brick patio, fenced yard. Cheri is on vacation so you can Contact Judy Rader if you want to make an appointment to see this home. 622-6609. ... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Sat Sep 7, 2013
Terry McCarley answered:
If you really want to sue I recommend you speak with an attorney. Even if you can sue its probably not worth it anyway.
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Sun Jul 21, 2013
Bob Brandt answered:
Sat Jul 20, 2013
Caitlin Rowoldt answered:
Your best bet would be Chatham IL just outside of Springfield there are a few developments that have those features.
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sun Aug 26, 2012
John Giordano answered:
This is a link to burglary reports for Springfield IL area and you can divide it by the beat # police patrol.
There is also a Sangamon County database. ... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Mon Jun 11, 2012
Jerry D. Lemmon answered:
Dan, I will piggy back on what Jenna said and add that that the income limit for a household of 2 is $44,250, 3 is $49,800, 4 is $55,300 and 5 is $59,750. I was able to get my mother into this program and it is awesome. Remember, these programs are first come first serve and you may want to act very quickly if possible. The other program Jenna referred to called IHDA for short is nearly out of money and will likely only last another couple weeks. When that is gone the program you asked about will start to go quickly as well. Call if I can help you or any of your family or friends! My team has already helped 53 people buy or sell a home this year. We would love to have the privilege of serving you!

Jerry D. Lemmon II, Broker/Partner
The Real Estate GROUP, Inc.
Cell/Text: 217-652-6961
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Tue May 1, 2012
Rjaskie answered:
You many want to contact Cheryl Dambacher, realtor in Springfield area. She not only advised us which banks to go to for our financing, but because we had a time limit, she secured a bank financial officer who worked from home while sick to determine that we would be eligible. To our surprise, she was able to find us some government money for our conventional loan. She is very adept with finding money for veterans, up to $18,000. ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Wed Apr 25, 2012
Frank Reardon answered:
You are setting yourself up for a disappointment. Future investment to make even nicer will be diificult to recoup. You are helping the neightborhood retain a high value but the leader doen't always win. The value you realize may be OK if it is personal rather than monitary. ... more
0 votes 9 answers Share Flag
Tue Aug 2, 2011
Connie Lindsay answered:
You can get a good deal with some forclosed houses, but you must also beware of potential hurdles. First, you need to have a preapproval letter from a lender of your choice. Every bankowned offer will require this letter. Second, you must be prepared to walk away from the deal if after conducting inpsections--and paying for them--you find problems you can't afford or simply don't want to undertake.
HUD homes are the best bang for your buck right now. Many are offering a special program for owner occupied properties...$100 down program.
Good luck!
... more
0 votes 10 answers Share Flag
Sat Jun 25, 2011
Trevor Huntingford answered:
Biochk - The mold issue will most likely come up no matter what loan option you use so it is something that you will need to figure out a remedy to. Just as an fyi though most banks on short sale will send an as is addendum out saying the seller will do no repairs so even if they aren't objecting most likely the bank will.

I doubt you would be able to negotiate a hold back for the repairs but you could ask your lender if that is a possiblilty. I would bet if you disclose the mold issue to your lender and you, your lender and your Realtor put your heads together you will find a way to resolve the issue. Typically where there is a will there is a way.


... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Mon May 2, 2011
Gus Pishue answered:
It will depend upon the home. You should really talk to a real estate agent in your area. They will be able to get you all of the information that you will need. They will also be able to walk you through the entire purchasing process, while working on your behalf as your representative. If you don't have an agent, let me know, I can do a little research for you and give you a recommendation. If you do have an agent already, give them a call. I am sure they would love to hear from you. Good Luck. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
1 2
Search Advice