Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Foreclosure in Spring : Real Estate Advice

  • All278
  • Local Info36
  • Home Buying63
  • Home Selling8
  • Market Conditions18

Activity 17
Wed Nov 18, 2015
Susie Kay answered:
I'm not sure I'm understanding your question. If you are looking for a place to rent then the landlord will be the one who can decline the tenant.
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Tue Nov 17, 2015
Sally Grenier answered:
Are you currently under contract? I would notify your agent, and the title company. This will need to be cleared up prior to closing.
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Tue Nov 17, 2015
Sally Grenier answered:
If the person isn't paying their HOA dues...then the HOA can file a lien on the property, and then eventually foreclose on it, depending on your state's due process requirements. As far as "How to do that?" -- you'd need to hire an attorney.
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Wed Sep 16, 2015
USMortgageRanger answered:
Hi Dgbernal,

The good path is that HOA is not in a first lien position and cannot take possession of your home as they did not lend any money to purchase the home. What they will do is place a lien on the home and it will affect your credit. You can sell the home and clear the lien. It is also best to ask an Attorney for legal advise when it comes to the redemption period. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Tue May 27, 2014
pmclennan84 answered:
How can I dispute fees my home owners association has charged to my account?
0 votes 13 answers Share Flag
Thu Jan 9, 2014
Darryl Hill answered:
Bank will accept the money, they'll cash your checks. Not sure how this contributes to your objective of owning a home. Give me a call for more insight on how I can help.
Darryl Hill - realtor
... more
1 vote 1 answer Share Flag
Thu Oct 10, 2013
Alison Loughlin answered:
It depends on what you are looking for in a house, but the good news is there are lots of options in or around (especially surrounding areas) The Woodlands for homes under $200K. Foreclosures can be good deals, however more often than not the foreclosed properties need significant work done on them. If you are willing to do rehab work, then you may find yourself a great deal on a home. If you would rather just move straight in to a place that is ready to go, I suggest looking in areas such as Imperial Oaks (Spring) which has fantastic house prices for the size, and the area is close to The Woodlands. ... more
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Tue May 7, 2013
Amanda Nicodemus answered:
You might want to try demolition sites in your area.
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Mon Feb 25, 2013
Leonard Debono answered:
Please clarify, most HOA's (Homeowners Associations) have no control over water supply unless they manage that as well. Typically they do not control utilities. They can and will probably will send your back dues to collections. Suggest you get a copy of the CC'Rs you agreed to when you bought the house. They may have the right to foreclose eventually for non payment of dues. Your water may be from a MUD. They can and will shut off water after one month of non-payment resulting in a reconnection. Most are different you definitely need water day to day . HOA dues can wait a couple years before they typically do anything. Good luck

... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Sat Jul 24, 2010
Bob Movin-On answered:
Has the home sold? Do you have an income that could support the repurchase of the home? If not, would you be interested in getting into a home you could afford in your area? If so I can help.

Bob Patrick
Buy a home after foreclosure expert
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Sun Oct 4, 2009
Cindy Whiteside answered:
While it is legal in the stae of Texas for the Real Estate professional to work with both Seller and Buyer there can be some issues. Great question because it can really be confusing. The answer can best be answered by asking what are your intentions? If you are a savy Investor you know there may sometimes be a small amount of wiggle room if there is only one Realtor. You can also request a Buyers agent from the Realtor to be assigned to you. In new construction it can be to your advantage to work with the Realtor representing the Builder. It just all depends on your expectations of outcome. If you are uncomfortable the best answer is to ALWAYS have your own Realtor. ... more
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Tue May 12, 2009
Voices Member answered:
It has nothing to do with if the question is valid, only if using it as a thread for Converting FSBO's is valid.

There are new questions being asked daily even FSBO questions so why a 2 year old question? One wonders? ... more
1 vote 20 answers Share Flag
Tue Sep 23, 2008
Margaret T. Hatcher answered:
There are some very nice homes in that area for rent but right now much of the area does not have electric back.
You can go to my web site and use the map search for rentals for local properties. It will have info on listing agents or call one of the agents here on Trulia to represent you. My colleagues or I will be happy to.
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Tue Aug 19, 2008
Bruce Lynn answered:
Yes, they can and they do. If you're short on cash, call the HOA and try to work out a payment plan. They'd normally rather do this then foreclose. It will be less costly on your part too as they will charge you for all the legal fees of foreclosure which might be much more than the HOA dues. I am seeing more and more HOAs foreclosing on properties in the DFW area. ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Fri May 23, 2008
Margaret T. Hatcher answered:
You do not need to be speaking to us. You need legal advise. Most attorneys will do the initial sit down for nothing. go to an attorney that handles bankruptcies and real estate.
Things to think about
Have you been making lease payments to the bankrupcy court?
Are you in danger of having some one showing up at your door and telling you you have 1 to 24 hours to clear out.
It might be worth paying a lawyer $150.

Hope you can get this worked out, You should now a Real Estate Attorney that can help you
... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Wed May 21, 2008
Steve Lynch answered:
Find a Realtor who deals with short sales and is experienced with working with Loss Mitigation departments of the Banks who holds the mortgage. Several times there are more than one mortgage holder. BE AWARE that SHORT SALE does NOT equal SHORT TIME! You will need to have quite a bit of patience as the process is sometimes VERY long and tedious. Even when a negotiator is assigned to a file for short sale or for a pre foreclosure work out, keep in mind these banks have thousands of properties nation wide and relatively few trained people who are handling huge amounts of files, and are very hard to reach. Make sure your Realtor has a strong relationship with a reputable title company that has an aggressive Escrow officer who will work with your agent to stay on top of the Lender. Do not make plans to move out until your agent has verified the proper paperwork and payoffs, settlement statements, etc are at the Title company and ALL parties have signed off on the details of the contract. You can get an extremely good value on a short sale property if you can wait out the process (generally add 60 to 90 days or more to a normal contract) but if you are in a hurry, I would have your Realtor look for a very motivated seller and avoid the drama! ... more
0 votes 10 answers Share Flag
Wed Jan 23, 2008
Travis Foote answered:
Hi Ray,
Just about any Realtor has access to REO, Foreclosures, etc since they are listed on our MLS system. Not all Realtors have the experience to close this type of deal. I am an investor, own numerous properties, manage numerous properties for out of town investors (mostly California), and work only with Investors. If you are looking for someone who understands your needs, give me a call.

Here is my website:
Our property management site is here:

Travis Foote
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Search Advice
Foreclosure in Spring Zip Codes