Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

36527 : Real Estate Advice

  • All15
  • Local Info2
  • Home Buying5
  • Home Selling6
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 13
Sat Nov 4, 2017
Nhinguyen2000vn asked:
Mon Dec 19, 2016
Angelica P answered:

I have emailed you regarding this concern.

Thank you for using Trulia!

Consumer Care Advocate
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Tue Feb 23, 2016
Agpritch answered:
Absolutely. You just give notice, in writing. Take her sign down if she doesn't within 24 hours.

You can, and might consider, reporting her to the local Board of REALTORS for ethics violations.

Retired Realtor.
... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Wed Nov 12, 2014
Daniela Nielsen answered:
Hope your problem was solved and you were able to purchase your home.
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Wed Nov 12, 2014
Daniela Nielsen answered:
Wed Nov 12, 2014
Daniela Nielsen answered:
It depends where your building and if you using custom or a value builder. It can be 90-132 per square foot. Good Luck!
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Wed May 22, 2013
Mary Sponseller answered:
Call your agent and speak with them about the situation. In Georgia you just notify your agent that you would like to withdraw your home from the market and it is done., It is most likely the same in FLa. ... more
0 votes 12 answers Share Flag
Thu Jul 5, 2012
Edith Karoline Jasser answered:
Oh my this statement scares me...... you signed and initialed a BUNCH OF PAPERS ---- you better know what you signed and what the terms are..... furthermore it seems to me that you are saying that you are selling...... Earnest money when buying, when selling, you want to get an offer from a buyer and have the buyer present initial earnest money with the offer, and then within the contract terms raise that to a higher agreed upon amount????

If you are selling or buying you better be doing it with an experienced Realtor on your side, whether you are the seller or the buyer, one who just works on YOUR behalf...... And who will explain the terms
in the contract papers, which are legal documents if and when fully signed, initialed and executed by both parties...... those you called a bunch of papers.....

Please do not do this on your own,so that you have an experienced professional on your side to
not only guide you through the paperwork, but also explain all that is involved in detail to YOU.

Good Luck to you...
Sincerely yours,
Edith YourRealtor4Life & Chicago and Northern Illinois Expert
Working always in the very BEST interest of her clients, Buyers, Sellers and Investors alike....
Covering for @Properties the city of Chicago, all N and NW suburbs, the fine homes on the
North Shore, and many of the W and SW suburbs, and with her trusted Partner Agents all of
the US and worldwide properties. Edith speaks French, German, some Spanish and other.....
@Properties, 30 Green Bay Rd, Winnetka, Illinois 60093 ---- or Check out my website at htttp://
get to know me better and learn about my experience, expertise, services available and letters of recommendation of former clients..... Also you can sign up on my site to search for properties in my expanded service area. HAVE THE MOST WONDERFUL DAY :)
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Wed Feb 17, 2010
Keith Manson- Metro Milwaukee Wisconsin answered:
There are separate issues. First Private mortgage insurance may of been paid which is a loss that the mortgage insurer will take. However, the loss could be greater than the percentage insured amount. The insurance can be as low as 10% of total debt, depending on the the deal and risk at the time. When the servicer would file the 1099c they will not take the insurance in consideration only the maket value and pricipal amount.

A 1099c will be given if homeowner vacated the property or it is considered a investment property or vacation home. The accountant will have to determine if there can be an agreement to change 1099C filing.

Keith Manson
First Weber Group
Certified Distressed Property Expert
Metro Milwaukee
... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Wed Feb 17, 2010
James Gordon ABR SFR SRS answered:
Sylvia President Bush signed a law into effect that helps home owners that went into a short sale. They just need to file the proper papers with the IRS. This does not apply to second homes or investment properties. Here is a link.,,id=174034,00.html
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Sat Feb 13, 2010
Hannah Fliegel answered:
Hi Mike,

If costs are a factor for you then you can speak with a Hud Counselor who will assist you for free in your area. Here is a link. I wrote an e-book if you are interested in returning to home ownership after short sale and i will be happy to send you, provide me your email address and I will send over.

Good luck!

Hannah Fliegel
The Credit Repair Expert
... more
1 vote 4 answers Share Flag
Wed Oct 29, 2008
Vicky Chrisner answered:
Cathy... it all depends on the person. I am just honest with everyone. I tell them what I see as the potential issues they may face.

In this market, there's so much inventory, marketing will be a real challenge for the FSBO without an agent. But, if someone already knows who they want to sell to (a business associate, a friend, etc.) maybe it will work. If the sellers really knows their way around the process; and gets competent legal advice, it will probably be OK. Closings are hard, even if you do everything right these days. But, forget all of that... in my area, people hire mechanics to change their oil, cleaners to clean their home, take their clothes to the laundry, have a nanny for their kids, etc. etc. If they don't want to be hassled with that, what makes them even CONSIDER selling a house on their own? It's surely one of the largest transactions of their lives. Would they do surgery on themselves? In some cases ( like in this market), that's the risk level when people who don't know the deal are trying to sell their own homes. ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Search Advice