Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Southside : Real Estate Advice

  • All11
  • Local Info0
  • Home Buying3
  • Home Selling0
  • Market Conditions1

Activity 5
Thu Feb 19, 2015
Aaron and Cheree Tiry answered:
Have you checked out the "rent" section at the top of Trulia? There may be something in there. Otherwise you could also check to see what they have for posted for rentals. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Mon Mar 31, 2014
Pamela Sebastian answered:
Generally speaking, you can purchase any home with cash (verified funds) and a bona fide purchase offer on the property as long as the seller accepts it. I cannot see the specific house you are looking at as there is no link. I am an agent in the Syracuse area and if you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact me directly. ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Sun Mar 30, 2014
Mark Gilbo answered:
10k? Not gonna do much with that. Look for owner finance deals on the MLS or craigslist. They pop up from time to time. Taxes I would estimate 300 per month on average. It will vary but at least put you in the ball park. Water? Estimate $25-$30 per month to be safe. Insurance? Estimate about $700 per year to be safe and again, put you in the ball park.

With 10k, you are going to look at homes that need A LOT of work unless you can find an Owner Finance deal. Good luck.

Places to look:

Fannie Mae
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Sun Mar 30, 2014
Dr. Maurice James Hayes answered:
Money will no problem at all for myself
and also for my wife. So when it is
time to pay for the property I can either
present a check in the amount or use
my Visa or my Mastercard for the total
amount .
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Thu May 14, 2009
Vicky Chrisner answered:
There are the programs the previous poster talked about. Also, there may be local programs for which you would qualify - check with a local lender (or a few), your state housing agency and the county housing agency where you want to move. Also, you may be able to find seller financing somewhere - an agent can help you with that (a good agent, this is not the "norm").

In Virginia, we have an "FHA/VHDA Plus" which allows no money down if you are "not rolling in the money", and there are also county grants, and some grants that are specific to your job (i.e. teachers). They are all local to me, and may not help you, but you'll find many localities have similar programs.

There is some talk of people being able to use a loan of the tax credit (max $8K) for down payment. There was a mortgagee letter allowing it on 5/11, but I just got off the phone with a lender asking about it, and she said it was recalled yesterday. So, I am not sure what is going on with that, but apparently there is at least discussion of this.

Best of luck to you!
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Search Advice
Popular Syracuse Neighborhoods