I went to buy a condo in the Regency Park condo assn. My inspector found polybutylene pipes. A big problem waiting to happen. I don't know if the owner knew this or not. I suspect not. But, the realtors should have advised this could be a problem there because i the area, during this time frame many buildings had them. With the high content of chlorine in the water, it can be a real problem as the chlorine eats away the pipes from the inside and they become quite brittle. Just hitting the wall hard enough at the right spot can cause an systematic failure. I too withdrew my offer, but not before I asked the owner to repipe and I was offering to repipe the one above. If you are on the ground floor, it's a nightmare.