Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Remodel & Renovate in South San Francisco : Real Estate Advice

  • All125
  • Local Info8
  • Home Buying44
  • Home Selling4
  • Market Conditions3

Activity 1
Sat Oct 1, 2011
Phyllis McArthur answered:
The best way to handle this, is to go directly to the building department and talk to someone there. I have been to both many times and they are very good to deal with.

As far as ANY major work done to a home it's Mandated to get permits, both communites have had some "unwarrented" work done on homes and it becomes a nightmare for the homeowner who purchase the home with additions with no permits.

Even if you pruchase a small ranch style home in these communities, your realtor MUST investigate the home for a "permit search" at the building dept. Just to be safe.

Phyllis McArthur DRE#01303020
Girouard Properties
(650) 315-8904
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Search Advice
Remodel & Renovate in South San Francisco Zip Codes