Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

92075 : Real Estate Advice

  • All10
  • Local Info1
  • Home Buying4
  • Home Selling0
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 9
Tue May 30, 2017
Hello Trishbaker2, I assume you are speaking of an individual condo and not a complex. That would depend on what you want to do within the walls of the condo and the upgraded materials you use.

You could utilize a 203k loan to remodel to your desires and also have the assistance of a cost consultant. You can choose a streamline 203k within 5k to 35k unless you need any permit you would need to use a standard 203k to remodel from 35k up to FHA loan limits in your county.

You will need a minimum 580 fico score to consider the 203k loan programs. Do you want to move any walls or just new carpet, flooring, granite counters, remodel baths and kitchen?

Estimates for all the work will be provided by the contractors of each trade and depending on the scope of work will be paid in draws as the work is done.

Sheryl Arndt, Real Estate Broker - Sr. Loan Officer CA only
Veteran and VA/CalVet Loan Specialist
Credit Repair Advice At No Cost
ALL Loan Programs Available
24+ Years Experience
BRE# 01140252
NMLS# 297251
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Fri Jul 27, 2012

It seems as if you would be qualified for a special doctor loan. This can help you finance your first home with a great interest rate. I specialize in these and would love to help you with all the questions you might have.
Here is a testimonial from another client of mine who I worked with: "I have had nothing but a wonderful experience working with Josh Feldman and SunTrust Mortgage. I have worked with other doctor loan programs before and was skeptical at first, but Josh delivered every step of the way, offering the most competitive rates and excellent customer service. He is honest, readily available, reliable, and very responsive. I would recommend him to anyone looking for a new mortgage. "
Jeremy Collins, MD

Please feel free to contact me with any questions you have about doctor loans.
My email is
My phone number is: (843) 579-4877

I look forward to helping you.

Joshua Feldman
... more
0 votes 10 answers Share Flag
Wed Jun 13, 2012
Jay Becker Sotheby's answered:
While real estate professionals can handle the marketing of REO homes, the banks are reluctant to give up decision making and signing authority to agents. As a result buyer's and seller's experience bottlenecks along the way.

If you are needing a predictable, timely close with certainty best not to pursue a short sale.
... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Wed Jun 13, 2012
Jay Becker Sotheby's answered:
90k may be relating to a mobile home or which there are some along 101 west of 5
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Mon Aug 1, 2011
Jason Richards answered:
One wonders if it could be a victim of the robo-signing fiasco... It wouldn't be the first time the banks have recorded NOD's against a property that already sold.....
0 votes 10 answers Share Flag
Mon Feb 28, 2011
ABC answered:
"Inability to repay" can mean the debt ratio is too high for the purchase price applied or the type/source of income is not considered stable.

There are several potential reasons for the denial....

1. Income too low to buy at the price on the application... possible solution, lower purchase price
2. Too much debt to qualify at the price on the application... possible solution, pay down debt, wait until later to buy... or use down payment money to pay down debt and borrow more on the new house (this can work wonders for the debt ratio in some cases)
3. If the borrower is self employed or earns commissions/bonuses, they must have a 2 year history on the job. Withouth two years, the only option to buy now would be a co-signor.

There are other reasons as well. The loan officer should have taken the time to give the buyer some direction on what it would take to get the loan approved.

I've seen a lot of buyers getting pre-approved through call center lenders... there is not a lot of creative thinking when dealing with a call center rep. If the computer tells them the loan is denied, that is the answer they give.
... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Thu Oct 15, 2009
fredeckert answered:
Call my Chicago Title customer service at 619.507.5688 and give them the address. They can send you a copy of the notice of trustees sale that has the location, time etc. Make sure you are cautious when buying at a trustee sale. ... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Search Advice