Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Home Buying in Soddy Daisy : Real Estate Advice

  • All40
  • Local Info2
  • Home Buying5
  • Home Selling1
  • Market Conditions1

Activity 8
Thu Jun 25, 2015
Diane Christner answered:
Once you close on the property the encroachment issues become your problem and expense to cure. The time to speak with an attorney about the potential issues and ramifications is now, before you close. Your agent cannot give you the kind of legal advice you need at this point in time.

Most states have laws regarding what is called adverse possession. If the neighbors sheds on this property have been there for a specific period of time (often 7 years) and meet the other criteria about hostile and open possession, the neighbors may actually be able to claim the land their sheds sit on as their own. As I said, talk to an attorney now, before you close so you know exactly what you are dealing with. Your husband is wrong, this has the potential to be a big issue.
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Wed Jul 23, 2014
Paula McDaniel answered:
I will be more than happy to help you with this. What is the address of the property?
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sat Oct 12, 2013
Rachel Bruner answered:
A title co will be happy to pull those for you. Can I place a request for you? Thanks!!
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Tue Feb 12, 2013
Kenny Fleshman answered:
The only way to determine approximately what someone owes is by noting the mortgage data in the tax record and doing an amortization on th eloan to get a rough idea of what their payoff may be. Only the owner knows for sure - they may have paid extra principal so it will be lower or they may be behind so it could be higher. ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Fri Dec 28, 2012
Kenny Fleshman answered:
Are you asking about school zone and/or bus routes? You can go to and find all you need to know about the school system.
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu Feb 16, 2012
Stephen Gatlin asked:
Sat Aug 2, 2008
Richard Smith answered:
Most programs require 2 years out of a chapter 7. If you can get your credit score over 620, it might be possible to qualify for a credit waiver with a rural development loan.
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Search Advice
Home Buying in Soddy Daisy Zip Codes