Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Socorro : Real Estate Advice

  • All6
  • Local Info1
  • Home Buying2
  • Home Selling0
  • Market Conditions1

Activity 9
Thu Jul 21, 2016
Mike Ballard asked:
Wed Dec 10, 2014
Dan Tabit answered:
Your options are to accept, reject or propose an alternative. I would want a complete understanding from the LENDER what the issues are. The home owner, or their agent may not understand or tell the whole story. If the issues are resolvable and they can keep the date you decide upon, accept. If they are grasping at straws and have little real hope, tell them if they get things resolved and the home is still available, they can buy it. Otherwise, get back on the market. ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Fri Jun 20, 2014
Andrea Bedard answered:
Hi there, I suggest you ask your agent to sit down with you and go over all the forms again. The listing agreement (Exclusive Right to Sell) and the purchase offer are two separate things.

The listing agreement is between you and the listing brokerage and sets forth the terms for listing and marketing the property, list price, commission, time frames, advertising etc. (it differs a bit from state to state).

The purchase agreement, on the other hand, comes from a prospective buyer and has nothing to do with the listing agreement. It includes all the terms under which the buyer is offering to buy your property: price, closing date and any applicable contingencies as well as any disclosures you made to prospective buyers. You should discuss the offer with your agent, come up with a negotiation strategy and submit a counter offer if any of the terms are not agreeable to you.

An offer becomes a ratified and legally binding contract once all terms have been agreed upon and all changes to the original offer were initialed/signed by both parties to the transaction - you and the buyer.

Good luck! And please contact your agent!
... more
1 vote 1 answer Share Flag
Fri Apr 18, 2014
Scott Godzyk answered:
To get pre-qualified you have to give your social so they can pull your credit and usually it is verbal that you give your income and debt/expenses. To get PRE-APPROVED you provide proof of income such as pay stubs, bank statements and such. Pre-approved is better than just pre-qualified. Use a local and trusted lender. Stay away from internet lenders. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Mon Apr 14, 2014
Cory Parker answered:
Fri Oct 18, 2013
Edith Karoline Jasser answered:
As a buyer you should work with an experienced local Buyers Agent (no fee to YOU the buyer as they are paid by the sellers at the closing table!!) Remember the Seller has a written contract with the listing agent/hisBrokerage and consequently is legally representing the Seller, and working in the very BEST interest of you guessed it the SELLER not YOU the buyer. Get your own legal Representation, guidance in all aspects of the buying process and all its details and complications to get to a successful closing.
Your Buyers Agent will be able to guide you to the local schools, you can then contact directly to find out which school would be the best fit for your child, and the Realtor then will search for the right home
in that school's area

If you need a recommendation, e-mail me and I gladly forward a good local Buyers Agent to you to assist you .... it would be my pleasure...
Sincerely yours,
Edith YourRealtor4Life & Chicago and Northern Illinois Expert

Working always in the very BEST interest of her clients, Buyers, Sellers and Investors alike....
And always with a SMILE 
Covering for @Properties the city of Chicago, all N and NW suburbs, the fine homes on the
North Shore, and many of the W and SW suburbs, and with her trusted Partner Agents all of
the US and worldwide properties. Edith speaks French, German, some Spanish and other.....
@Properties Brokerage, 30 Green Bay Road, Winnetka, Illinois 60093
Check out my website at htttp://
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Fri Feb 8, 2013
Siluresti answered:
My husband and I are moving to Socorro, in May, would you be interested in renting for a little while?
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Fri Jul 27, 2012
Leigh-Jo Anzures answered:
You can contact Rebecca Vega directly at (575) 835-0423 or by email at Since some cases may require additional assistance, you can also contact a local title company. One is: / (575) 835-1440

Syan Real Estate
Call/Text: (505) 730-8181
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Tue Mar 17, 2009
Chris Lyon answered:

The APR takes into consideration some of the closing costs such as points, lender fees, broker fees, etc. When a broker provides you with the Truth In Lending (TIL) the APR is calculated from the Good Faith Estimate of closing costs. If your Broker did not include all of the costs the APR will be lower than it is on the final TIL. If there is a big difference this usu the Broker left off a large fee.

Hope that helps
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Search Advice
Socorro Zip Codes