Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Home Buying in Snohomish County : Real Estate Advice

  • All17
  • Local Info2
  • Home Buying11
  • Home Selling0
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 161
Sat Sep 16, 2017
Jim answered:
Yes without equivocation. You must use the proper legal language so that when you accept any one offer, all other offers are automatically withdrawn and no longer a bonafide offer. You would need to make sure that all sellers understand that even if they sign an acceptance of your offer, it is not effective until you have received their acceptance "IN HAND" and subject to being null and void at the very moment you accept another offer.

Another possible approach would be to "ASK" if the seller would be "willing to SELL" at $XXX amount. This is NOT a LEGAL OFFER to purchase.

In each instance, I would inform each seller that you are making multiple offers. I did this very thing several years back when attempting to replace income properties under a 1031 exchange.

Use exculpatory clauses whenever and wherever you can. The more, the better if you want to have the ability to withdraw and receive ALL of your earnest money deposit. If you use a promissory note as an earnest money deposit, make sure it has appropriated exculpatory clauses so you do not lose your deposit money.
... more
0 votes 54 answers Share Flag
Wed Jul 19, 2017
Irina answered:
It should be part of the public record. First, "red tug" goes on the property Title. Second, you can contact local City and/or county Code Enforcement department and they should be able to give you the info. Local Code Enforcement departments usually have officers assigned to each red tagged property. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Wed Jun 28, 2017
Andy.brodigan answered:
If you know what you are doing, then there is nothing wrong with dealing directly with the seller's agent.

If you don't understand contracts in real estate, you have no business trying to go into an direct offer with sellers agent without being represented. It really is that simple ... more
0 votes 40 answers Share Flag
Thu Jun 15, 2017
Tommcp5 asked:
Buying house in Mill Creek for 515K; appraisal was 520k. Comparables were 521K, 535K, & 514K but all had much larger & nicer yards. I found more comps with similar small yards in…
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Thu May 18, 2017
Nvegetarian asked:
Rambler, 98026 within 10 miles. Flat lot, 4 bedrooms, 3 baths. 2-car garage, 1980 or newer, etc.
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Fri May 12, 2017
Jkhesq answered:
This should answer many of the questions:

The short answer is that of the property is deeded land in fee simple, it is subject to regular laws for no-Indian land. But if it is Indian trust land, you run into the problems discussed here. It would sure be nice if real estate agents would recite in the ads whether the properties were deeded land, or trust lands. ... more
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Tue May 9, 2017
Phillipwilsonbroker answered:
Absolutely! As a Broker we can set up a Portal for you that with notify you via email each time a property that matches your criteria comes on to the market. You would also have the ability to mark your favorites and remove the homes you don't like from your list. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Tue May 9, 2017
Phillipwilsonbroker answered:
Absolutely! As a Broker we can set up a Portal web site for you that will only display homes with a view of the water. You would receive email notifications every time a property came on the market with a view. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sun Mar 12, 2017
Pattilangdon1950 asked:
Wed Feb 22, 2017
Hello, I'm a mortgage professional.

You can get a mortgage with as low as a 580 credit score. You would need at least 3.5% done payment and you are allowed to roll in closing costs using a sellers concession.

If you scores were above 620 you can qualify for a program that requires no money down but this program is limited to more rural areas

You are welcome to contact me if you would like help with this.
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu Jan 26, 2017
Lovetobeamom asked:
We are looking into home financing as an unmarried couple. I understand that ALL occupants in the household need to report their income to ensure the household doesn't exceed the income…
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Mon Oct 31, 2016
Paul Carlson Group answered:
I have attached a link to our website.

We have been selling property here for 38 years. I have the skills and experience needed to buy and sell homes in a fast paced market. Please give me a call anytime to discuss your future transaction now!

Find out all about our team, references and our track record...Visit our website at:

Paul Carlson
The Carlson Group at Realty One Group Preview
Serving all of Snohomish County & Camano Island
with offices located in Bothell, Everett
Marysville, Stanwood & Northgate
Office: 425-334-3535
Fax: 360-659-6874
Cell: 425-239-2695
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Fri Oct 21, 2016
Marvinfr asked:
Is anyone familiar with Lunger Homes in Washington State ? Is there a place I can inquire about the quality and background?
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Wed Oct 5, 2016
Beth Anne answered:
What is your credit score? If it's under 700 and you don't have a lot of assets I would wait and work up to a better financial situation to enter home ownership. Granted I am conservative (financially), but I do believe if you're purchasing a home you shouldn't have any major debt. Low to zero credit card balance,
modest car payments-- but preferably no car payments, and student loans paid off or close...
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Tue Sep 6, 2016
Cibhw asked:
I would like to go see this home. I do have a real estate agent but if the owner does not want to work with her I would like to go see it on my own. Is this possible ? Please let me know.…
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Thu Aug 18, 2016
Kary Krismer answered:
Based on your other question, this sounds like a Florida issue, but it also sounds like a short sale.
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Tue Aug 2, 2016
Kristin Shirts asked:
We have both been living in the home for 20 years. The home is currently valued at $350k and she would sell it to me for the the mortgage amount of $60k. Is this possible and what are the…
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Search Advice