Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Silver Spring : Real Estate Advice

  • All278
  • Local Info35
  • Home Buying79
  • Home Selling13
  • Market Conditions7

Activity 263
Mon Dec 25, 2017
Kathy Burgreen answered:
Nobody online can answer your question. You need to go to the department at the county level and find out the process for putting a lien in place.
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Mon Nov 6, 2017
Mmears answered:
All HOA liens are essentially subject to the following; State law and the respective HOA's governing documents. The short answer is "Yes." Some HOA's are more aggressive than others and HOA's who engage large management companies tend to be more aggressive. The general process goes something like this. The HOA renders a bill, a past due notice/s, a final notice with intent to place a lien on the property, placement of a lien, and lien foreclosure. Depending upon the HOA and/or their management company, the process may be referred to legal counsel beginning with the lien placement (even sooner). This process is spelled out in the HOA's governing documents including any fines, fees, and interest that may be included along the way. It should be noted that this can GET VERY VERY EXPENSIVE. An outstanding balance of $500 (example) could easily and quickly balloon to thousands of dollars due to legal fees and interest.

While this should not be the desired action of any HOA, remember ... it's NOT personal. The HOA Board has a fiduciary responsibility to its membership to carry out the duties and responsibilities set forth in its governing documents. Failure on their part to act could create significant liability for the organization as well as them individually.

If you find yourself in arrears for ANY reason, be proactive. Go to the HOA and/or the management company and attempt to make reasonable payment arrangements BEFORE the matter is referred to legal counsel. There is no guarantee they will be able to accept installments ... some HOA documents specifically exclude that ... but it's worth asking. And again, remember - it's not personal even though, unfortunately, there are way too many (true) stories of "nastiness" associated with HOA Boards and management companies.

Hopefully this info is helpful ...
... more
0 votes 11 answers Share Flag
Mon Sep 11, 2017
Eddy answered:
If you have an idea of which area you want to live in, you can contact a local realtor to help narrow things down and give you options to work with. Check out to pick and compare from top realtors in the area that can provide you with some professional insight. Good Luck! ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Fri Sep 8, 2017
LUCY Evei asked:
Fri Jul 7, 2017
Scott Godzyk answered:
You need to review your listing contract, if it is not on there, it should not be on the HUD.
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Fri Jun 23, 2017
Monica.y.dorsey asked:
It would be a fantastic filter feature to allow users to exclude listings that contain certain keywords. I am frequently disappointed by listings that are in my price range, but have age…
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Fri Jun 16, 2017
Nancy Wert answered:
I have someone interested in renting this listing. Can you please call me.
Nancy Wert
Re/Max Realty Centre
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Tue Jun 13, 2017
Scott Godzyk answered:
This is the q and a section, you can easily log on and edit your own listings. Ckick you name upper right, go to listings and edit. If your MLS does not automatically feed the data to Trulia, you may need to sign up for a site that does ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Tue Apr 4, 2017
Robert Felton answered:
Hello Ms. Wilson,

I have:


Very large single Fully furnished Private Bedroom with Private Bath (with skylight) - 350 sq. ft. new carpet. In the White Oak area of Silver Spring, all utilities included including cable TV and High Speed (200 Mbs) Internet.

Immediate availability. Quick access to Metro Red Line into DC. Private home in an upscale quiet neighborhood on a cul-de-sac. Fully furnished bedroom (queen size bed) with private bath and large walk-in closet. Within walking distance to Metro and shopping. This is a single family home occupied by a married couple, Retired Navy CDR Bob & wife Pat. Tenant gets full use of kitchen and laundry facilities, private refrigerator, freezer, and kitchen cabinet space, and free on street parking.

Looking for a tidy non smoker (outside smoking is OK). Preference for mature professional single person.

I have pix of the room, if you send me an e-mail address, I can send them to you. My e-mail address is

Requirements: Signed one year Lease, Rent - $950/mo. Verification of income status, picture ID and one-month security deposit. No pets.

Room can be seen by appointment, please call 301-523-2580.

Thanks for your interest, Bob.
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Sun Mar 19, 2017
Wesley7928 answered:
Mon Mar 13, 2017
James Deskins answered:
What Eddie failed to mention is that land contracts can be risky and they are usually weighted to help the seller.
0 votes 12 answers Share Flag
Fri Feb 24, 2017
Malcolm Lawson answered:
Start talking to a mortgage lender. They may be able to help you clean up your credit before you actually purchase a home. They can also talk to you about loan programs like FHA which I believe sometimes only require 3% down. ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Thu Feb 2, 2017
Dking asked:
My husband and I are looking for a long term rental (2 years) we currently rent in Downtown SS, we've been in apt for 3 years, we have to give notice 60 days notice witch would be 4/4.…
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Mon Nov 21, 2016
Walsheappraiser answered:
Check the Fannie Mae guidelines for Lending for properties with accessory units. It is often impossible in some markets to meet the stringent guidelines.
0 votes 12 answers Share Flag
Fri Aug 19, 2016
Maricris A answered:

If you want to know more information about the foreclosure property, you may check the county record where the property is part of or you may also contact a foreclosure specialist near your area for assistance.

You can take advantage of our vast network of agents here on Trulia. You may found the link below.

To search for a foreclosure specialist using our site:

1. Go to the link that I provided, enter the location where you're at and click enter.
2. Click the 'More filters' button and choose 'Foreclosure' under specialties.
3. Click the 'Search' button.

We hope your experience with Trulia is memorable and thank you for using Trulia for all your real estate needs.

For future reference, you can feel free to contact us about this type of inquiry through our contact form here:


Consumer Care Advocate
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu Aug 18, 2016
Angelica P answered:

I apologize if the image associated with your property page caused you any inconvenience and I am happy to help in any way I can. Please be advised the image you are seeing is provided to us from Google images of which we do not have the ability to edit or remove. My recommendation would be to contact Google to request they blur out your photo and home photo. Please feel free to use these steps:

How to get your property blurred:
1. On your Trulia Property Page, click 'View Map'.
2. Click 'Street View'.
3. Click 'Report a problem' found on the bottom right of the photo.
4. Fill out the form.
5. Click Submit.

Hopefully this information is helpful. For future reference, you can feel free to contact us about this type of inquiry through our contact form here:

Thank you for using Trulia!

Consumer Care Advocate
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ...
Search Advice
Silver Spring Zip Codes