Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Property Q&A in Sicklerville : Real Estate Advice

  • All93
  • Local Info12
  • Home Buying35
  • Home Selling4
  • Market Conditions5

Activity 34
Fri Oct 3, 2014
This question was asked from this property:…
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Sun Apr 6, 2014
Jmsootie asked:
This question was asked from this property:
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Thu Jan 16, 2014
Eleise Queensbury answered:
Mary, yes it is especially in this business. Have a great day!
0 votes 9 answers Share Flag
Thu Mar 28, 2013
Toni Sadiq-Lexton answered:
Hello Cheryl,

This is a 2 bedroom 2 bath home. The block is 15818 and the lot is 00002. The taxes last year were $5,453. This property is currently under contract.

Let me know if I can assist you with any other properties.

... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Wed Aug 1, 2012
Laquita Baez answered:
Laura, please be careful with lease purchase options. Make sure you hire a Realtor to best guide you through the process and read whatever contracts you sign with the owner/seller carefully!
To answer your question directly, you or your Realtor can contact the seller and ask.
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Mon Jun 4, 2012
Larry Sarlo answered:
No CO is a no no to the owner... Seek an attorney for advice and make your best deal.
entering a home without a CO is against the law for the landlord to allow you to enter and makes the contract illegal.

There is also a Landlord registration Statement form that must be filed with the town also. Under the law, no Judgment for possession should be entered against any residential tenant, unless the landlord has registered the property. landlords who do not obtain registration statements may also have exposure to municipally imposed fines.

If it is truly a rent to town... You would have to sign a first right of refusal. Rent to own is an option contract.

Like I said seek an attorney.

Certainly the landlord is responsible for any repairs to provide a safe (certificate of) occupancy before entering the property; not while you are living in it...

Search foreclosures and short sale here:
Search the MLS on your phone by Text: In the subject line on your mobile phone- LSAR1 -to number 87778 ... hit send... A GPS feature for listings at your finger tips
Larry Sarlo
RE/MAX Preferred
609-868-1171 call / text / email 7 days
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Mon Jun 4, 2012
Mary Petti answered:
I already answered your other question. Any improvements you made while living in a "rent to own" house are probably not going to be recoverable from the current owner.

However, based on your other question, it appears you should speak to an attorney regarding what you already signed and agreed to with the current owner regarding your tenancy, lease agreement, rent etc and what protections you have going forward. The new owners are usually bound by your current lease,/terms but there seems to be some confusion on your part as to what you agreed to.

I suspect the current buyers would request there be a CO inspection (if the township requires one, some do not) and fire inspection prior to the closing (or at least their attorney should), and that is upon the sellers to obtain and provide to the new buyer. If anything needs to be repaired to obtain the CO, who will make the repairs usually depends on how the house was listed. If it was still listed "as is" and that the buyer is responsible for repairs then that's who would have to do it, not the seller (the current owner).

Again, all things you REALLY need to speak to an attorney about to sort it all out.
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sat Feb 11, 2012
Dottie Cammarasana answered:
Dear Try2get2 Home Buyer,

The taxes on this particular property are $6,114, it has private well and public water. The heating is gas heat, window air conditioning and there is an electric hot water heater.

If you would like complete informaiton on this property, please give me a call.

Dottie Cammarasana 856-261-7858
Prudential Fox & Roach REALTORS
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Thu Feb 2, 2012
terryriw53 answered:
BTW, Linda is the listing agent on thins property and can best answer any and all questions about it.
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Mon Oct 17, 2011
Dottie Cammarasana answered:
NO rent does NOT include elect, heat, water/sewer, gas utilities or cable TV. Also as the tenant you would be responsible for Lawn maintenance and Snow Removal.

As far as availalbe date - the property is currently listed as available. Relative to whether or not you would be allowed to make changes to the property - that would depend on negotiations with the Landlord.

I hope this answers your questions, if you have more, or If you are interested in taking a look at this property please do not hesitate to give me a call: 856-261-7858

Dottie Cammarasana, Prudential Fox & Roach, REALTORS.
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Sun Jul 17, 2011
Ines De La Cruz answered:
Hello Barryk608,
Thank you for your question about this 3 bedroom 1 bath home.
The taxes for the year 2010 were $4,965. Please ad a little more for 2011.
It is oil heat and electric hot water. Home has central air, ceiling fans. It is cable/tv wired. It has public water/public sewer. It has a patio and a porch. It has an eat-in kitchen with dishwasher and garbage disposal. There is a fireplace. The seller's are including all the appliances and they will be giving you a 1 year home warranty.
Let me know if you need anything else about this home or any other.
Best Regards,
Ines De La Cruz, Realtor, ABR.
RE/MAX Connection
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Tue Jul 12, 2011
Larry Sarlo answered:
The development was built by Tim Schaeffer Homes 888-331-BUILD The White Cedars Commmunity is all that I know it is referred to but the phone number should provide some help.

Larry Sarlo
RE/MAX Preferred
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Tue May 3, 2011
Kelly Darland answered:
Yes you can fish and swim in the lake. However this house is no longer for sale. Are you interested in maybe other homes for sale in that development? If you are not working with an agent, feel free to call me, I will help you. I cover that area. Good luck.

856-313-4161 Cell
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Fri May 21, 2010
Marc Paolella answered:
Hi Jennifer,

It's not on the market, but it is visible to the market and always will be. Your property and others are now on many different sites with aerial photos, details, etc. There is no more privacy in this Internet-enabled world. If you don't want it on the Internet, don't do it in the backyard. You never know when that airplane is shooting an update photo of your home!

Good luck!


Marc Paolella
Relocation Director/Appraiser
Century 21 Joe Tekula Realtors
Phone (direct): (973) 584-4235
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Thu Apr 22, 2010
Premal Parekh asked:
Even though it is manually entered listing, it should be easy to change the status.

This question is about this property:…
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Thu Mar 25, 2010
Joe Montenigro answered:
If you find a home that you like but it needs repairs and/or the property condition would not meet FHA standards, then the 203k loan gives you the mortgage to buy the house and also the money to pay for repairs. The repair money gets put in a seperate escrow account at closing and they pay it out as the repairs get done and inspected.

It can be a complicated process the first time, so it's important to have a lender who is experienced with the 203k program. Did you have a specific question about the program?

I hope that's helpful... if so, click the "thumbs up" below,

Joe Montenigro REMAX Home Team
Broker, GRI (856)374-2800 x106
Serving Gloucester Twp, Washington Twp & South Jersey Real Estate Markets
Read my Blog at
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Thu Mar 25, 2010
Gina Chirico answered:

Lis pendens doesn't always mean the property is available for sale or will be available for purchase. A lender will file a Notice os Lis Pendens (LIS) or sometimes referred to as notice of default (NOD) when the owner defaults on their mortgage (usually about 90 days late). This is the first step in the foreclosure process. The NOD/LISis public record therefore it is published by many online websites that track these types of default. It doesn't necessarily mean that the property is currently available for purchase or that the sellers even want to sell it. It only means that the owner defaulted on their mortgage and the bank has filed the NOD (Notice of Default) and it is of public knowledge. At this point the property is in the beginning states of the foreclosure phase.

Numerous outcomes can occur from this. The owners may reach an agreeement with the lender whereby they pay the overdue monies in one lump sum, over a period of time, etc. If no agreement is reached for the overdue payments, the bank may proceed to foreclose on the property thus making the property available for sale through a sheriff's sale and/or the property resorts back to the bank for ownership and the bank will then list the property for sale. Some of these properties may in fact already be listed for sale, usually as a short sale but not always and the bank will always want more than just the defaulted amount (balance owed). They will still want market value or as close to it as possible.

This post I wrote may help you understand what the different phases and abbreviations used in the foreclosure process:

Hope that helps.

Gina Chirico, Sales Associate
Prudential NJ Properties
973-715-1158 cell
973-992-6363 ext 116 office
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Tue Mar 16, 2010
Jeffrey Adams answered:
Hi Clarissa,

Yes, this is a short sale property. Making this into a rental-to-own might be possible with cash outlay (probably large) from you. For example, if you could reinstate the mortgage by making up the back payments that the homeowner might be behind and guarantee that your monthly payments are going to pay the mortgage that is now current, it could work.

I have done this very thing before and it can be quite complex.

There are a host of other logistical issues to deal with.

If you decide this is for you, I would make sure that a competent real estate attorney is consulted to be sure that you are protected. The potential to loose large sums of money is great.

Hope this helps!

Jeffrey Adams
Keller Williams Realty
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
1 2
Search Advice
Property Q&A in Sicklerville Zip Codes