what are hoa fees?

Asked by Richard Curtis, Palm Harbor, FL Mon Aug 19, 2013

This question was asked from http://www.trulia.com/property/3124521084-1203-Flora-Vista-S…

Answers

2
Ana Milena V…, Agent, Tampa, FL
Mon Aug 19, 2013
Hello Richard. The Home Owners Association fees in Heritage Springs are about $286 a month. $110 go towards Trinity Masters Association and $176 towards Heritage Springs. The HOA fee includes access to the fitness center and recreation facilities, all the outside maintenance of the property, security and gate as well as access to many other amenities. If I could be of further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Mercedes Mar…, Agent, Albuquerque, NM
Mon Aug 19, 2013
If the community that you live in is part of a Home Owner's Association, then you will most likely be paying monthly fees that typically help cover the cost of maintaining the community you live in. Typically these monies go toward park, greens, pool, club house, fitness center, landscaping, garbage and other such items. Depending on the community the fees may vary from 20 to 300 dollars or more a month. Sometimes these fees are billed monthly other times they are billed quarterly. Fees are set by a Board of Directors and mostly set annually. The Directors are elected by the homeowners.

The HOA is not an elective like the NA (Neighborhood Association) which is a voluntary group of home owners working towards the good of the community and which sponsors fun events and does not enforce HOA rules, regulations and covenants. Annual membership to join the Neighborhood Association is very minimal in my area, still a bargain at $15 a year.

I hope this helps.