Heathheath, Both Buyer and Seller in Pittsburgh, PA

can i get a mother in law suite?

Asked by Heathheath, Pittsburgh, PA Fri Apr 8, 2011

Answers

10
Victoria Crain’s answer
Heathheath,
I have several clients looking for mother in law suites in the Pittsburgh area. Over the last several months I have viewed the possiblities that are already constructed . I can give you multiple options if you would like to see what is available. You can call me 412-400-7937 or email me @ vcrain@northwood.com.
Vicki Crain
As mentioned by the realtors in their previous answers, you absolutely can find a mother-in-law suite! But chances are you will have to sacrifice something else in your dream home in order to have this feature. I am the Marketing Assistant for Heartland Homes and we build Energy Star - Custom Built Homes. In a community or on a private lot, we can build to fit your needs, and you will be amazed by how affordable it is to build your dream home and at a price point that fits your investment. If you have any questions, please talk to our New Home Specialist. Sara would love to help you find the perfect home.

SAWilliams@LoveHeartland.com or 412-992-7417
If you're looking in Montgomery County, I have a great property that has a 2nd apartment with it's own kitchen and bathroom. It's listed for $179,900. If interested, just let me know :-)
Heathheath,
Yes you can. Some homes are already set up with an in-law suite but if you aren't finding what you are looking for many homes have the space where an in-law suite may be added. We even built a home with a gorgeous in-law suite with all the amenities in a daylight walkout basement and elevator that went up to the first and second floors so that grandma could tuck the kids in at night. It all depends on how much you would like to spend but homes with in-law suites are available and possible in many price ranges. What area would you like?
Blair
Web Reference: http://www.blaircohen.com
Another option would be to look for multi-unit homes. They provide the flexibility of a mother-in-law suite when needed, but also could bring in rental income.
Yes, Where would you like to buy a home with this feature? I can help with that and if you need put you wiith a lender who can help you get a loan. Benny Smith 412-498-7868
There are quite a few mother in law suites in Pittsburgh and surrounding areas. They come in many styles and are available in many different price ranges. I typically tell my clients to start with a pre approval so they know what their purchasing power is. If I can be of any more assistance, feel free to email me. kcunningham@northwood.com
Absolutely! You just need to have an agent check areas for you, in the price range for which you are qualified. Many listings have remarks that allude to the fact that the property is set up for an in-law suite.
I'm happy to help!
Of course you can get a mother in law suite. You need an agent that understands your needs and will help you find what you are looking for. The MLS should list MILS separately on the listing, if the agent entered it that way, otherwise, a ranch or bi-level usually works well for that situation.