When will mountain house get shopping and grocries stores and more info on the new high school.?

Asked by Thomas, Hayward area Mon Jan 14, 2008

Answers

8
Susan Gouldi…, Agent, Tracy, CA
Mon Jan 21, 2008
Shopping - who knows-- I can tell you that when I moved to Tracy 15 years ago there was no mall, no chain restaraunts, only McDonalds and Burger King -- it's taken 14 years to see Applebees, Chevy's, Chilis, Texas Road House, Costco etc come into town. I know that a corporation will look seriously at the number of people in the community. At this time, nothing has broken ground for shopping or restauraunts.

As to schools -- there is talk of starting Unification -- this has to happen before a high school can be built. Jefferson School District- which is in South Tracy - still does not have approval. It's a numbers game, a certain percentage of students must be of high school age before a School District can EVEN apply for unification. Once they apply, Tracy School District has to agree, etc. I don't see this happening for at least 5 years, but you never know.
Thomas, , Hayward area
Wed Jun 18, 2008
Safeway shopping center in3 to 4 Town center 5
Sun Feb 3, 2008
John C. Kimball High School in western Tracy is going to be open in fall 2009, as I have heard. You can search on Google for press releases. The high school will serve students from Mountain House and Tracy. Meanwhile, the community is considering alternative options for a community high school, including a possible public charter high school through the County of San Joaquin or a private high school.
Steve, , Mountain House, CA
Tue Jan 29, 2008
I also forgot to mention that Delta College will soon begin construction on a satellite campus within Mountain House with many shared services offered to its residents.
Steve, , Mountain House, CA
Tue Jan 29, 2008
I neglected to mention that the Lammersville School District has hired a consultant to investigate the feasibility of high school unification. We, as a community, are committed to having our own high school sooner rather than later.
Steve, , Mountain House, CA
Tue Jan 29, 2008
A lot of answers from people who don't even live here. All services are based on rooftops, and yes sales have slowed. But, MH is still a great place to live. Shopping is VERY close, and its very nice to not have the traffic that accompanies the stores. You do have to have patience moving here, but its a great place for families and the community spirit is excellent. What we lack in amenities, we make up for in grass-roots, community led activities such as a brand-new Little League, a Mother's Club, etc. If a close community feel appeals to you, check us out.
Be-elzebub, , H-E-Double Toothpicks
Thu Jan 24, 2008
Fuggedaboudit. They've got this puny little store, not even as big as a 7-11. If Mountain House had a decent commercial building, someone would make a killing opening a market with maybe 1000 sq ft of space and just basic food items, milk, eggs, bread, soda, beer, cereal, frozen tv dinners, etc. You can go to the nice Safeway on 11th and Corral Hollow. They even have a bank inside open 7 days a week.

As for now, the grandiose plans for MH will not materialize in the current real estate market. Too many homes languishing on the resale market and developers scaling back production of new homes. MH is for now just another bedroom community.
Eric Bryant, , Long Beach, CA
Tue Jan 15, 2008
Thomas, your guess is as good as ours??? The Town/City/Community/extension of Tracy has really slowed it's building plans. best guess on Retail is 3-5 yrs, High School even longer. Tracy High and West High are still the only choices. I do know of a few families from Tracy that bring their kids to Ripon HS (I live there, Coach basketball too). Not sure how, but they found the quality of education worth the drive. As for Retail, Tracy is "Booming", their Mall is increasing in numbers, and the Outlets as well. Plenty of strip malls with gtrocery and stuff in Tracy too (only 2 minutes away). Hope that helps!