What are the small towns in the Pocono area with main streets or downtowns?

Asked by Theresa, Mon Jan 12, 2009

Answers

4
Lisa Sanders…, Agent, Stroudsburg, PA
Sun Jan 25, 2009
Stroudsburg is the Monroe county seat and has the most developed downtown area. East Stroudsburg has a small business district, shopping area at Crystal Street, and the Borough of Mt. Pocono has a charming little area, right along route 611 too. The little town of Delaware Water Gap also has a nice small-town main area. If you want to go out of Monroe County, you could look at Jim Thorpe or Milford.
blogfup, Home Buyer, Tobyhanna, PA
Mon Oct 29, 2012
haha, this was such a tough question for the locals to answer.
Donna Steo, Agent, Sciota, PA
Tue Jan 20, 2009
Most of the areas in the poconos have small towns, but what I think you are lookign for is the Stroudsburg area of Main street. There you will find small shops and restaurants. There are street fairs there and it is not far from East Stroudsburg or a larger area where there is a strip of restaurants and a mall.

Hope this helps as well...feel free to e-mail me with any other questions.

Donna Steo
Tina D'Amato, Agent, Sciota, PA
Tue Jan 13, 2009

I'm hoping I understand this question right to give you a correct answer..... Pocono areas "main streets" or "downtowns" are the main part of town. Its where we would go to find mom and pop shops, restaurants, retail stores,, supermarkets etc. Its where we sometimes hold our parades during the holidays. In most towns this is where we would find our court house.

Poconos is not built up like parts of NY and NJ, and this is where the "hub bub" in the town would be.

Hope I've helped

Thanks!!

Tina D'Amato