RE: Santa Claus IN - Business Wanted!

Asked by Not Applicable, Santa Claus, IN Tue Oct 30, 2007

I am a Realtor trying to bring new business to my town based on Traffic vs. Population. We are home to Holiday World Splashin Safari w/ traffic of 1 million during tourist season. This should be more than enough to sustain a large franchise. Where and How do I find and approach these companies? I know that the opportunity is there but investors look at 'Population' count vs. averaging the tourist traffic. Any direction would be appreciated.

Answers

3
Mike, Both Buyer And Seller, Indianapolis, IN
Sun Jun 15, 2008
I would also look at the types and kinds of franchise that has a potential in the area. I would also try to contact several franchises to see if they are willing to come to the area. Some will and some wont. After gathering necessary information, I would create an excel workbook to project yearly income (more like budgeted financial statements). Finally, I would approach at small business owners in the area. With your professional background I am sure you will be able to persuade several investors.

Not Applicab…, , Santa Claus, IN
Tue Oct 30, 2007
I am focusing primarily on restaurants and things that tourists would appreciate having access to. I've talked with our local economic development office but they only seem to offer a commission if I bring a buyer for one of their locations; they don't share information on how to reach potential investors and that's where I am running into a brick wall. I'm making a list of google search terms I can try and am open to anyone else's ideas.
Deborah Madey, Agent, Brick, NJ
Tue Oct 30, 2007
A large franchise of what kind? What type of business are you seeking? Your local county should have an economic developement department that could provide you assistance.