Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Shelbyville : Real Estate Advice

  • All36
  • Local Info2
  • Home Buying5
  • Home Selling2
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 15
Wed Feb 15, 2017
Rstepp227 asked:
Fri Oct 7, 2016
John Burke answered:
Hi Pastorleom1,

Unfortunately no. USDA will only work on a new manufactured home on it's own land. The other option would be if the current owner has a USDA loan. Other than these 2 scenarios, USDA will not lend on manufactured homes.

Take a look at the recommendations from some of my past clients on my Trulia profile by clicking the link below my phone number.

Please feel free to contact me for more information or help.

John Burke
Senior Mortgage Banker
Lending in ALL 50 states
Great Plains National Bank
Apply Online:
NMLS# 787231
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu May 7, 2015
Pagieradcliff asked:
I want to delete this fake account set up, I have an account this one was set up on accident now I cannot log out of it... Please help!
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Wed Apr 22, 2015
Sally Grenier answered:
You can't list For Sale By Owner listings here. Sorry!
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Fri Jun 20, 2014
Carolyn Campbell Peffer answered:
I am currently that agent across the street and found this question very interesting. I would say either the agent isn't into her business 100% or is about done. I love what I do and do everything I can for all my clients, including future neighbors. I'm actually more helpful with the house across the street because I live in that neighborhood. When I was asked about comps, I was able to speak from experience! I have lived and seen it all... including watching all the work that has been done to the home over the last 15 years.

Currently... my new client wrote an offer with me 2 days ago on that house. I was glad to help! :)
... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Fri Jun 20, 2014
Carolyn Campbell Peffer answered:
Getting a manufactured home financed can be tricky, to say the least. The good news is... it can be done with very little down payment or maybe even 0 down! I work with a fabulous loan officer that specializes in financing manufactured homes. They must be a double wide or larger and on a permanent foundation.

My motto is... If there's a will, there's a way!

Carolyn Campbell, MRP
Century 21 Abbot Realty & Auction
... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Thu May 8, 2014
Sabina Chambers answered:
I would say do not give up. Try again. Put it on Trulia!
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sat Oct 5, 2013
Katie crotzer answered:
A wet heat system is one that uses water or steam lines to heat the home. The systems may have forces air blown over the hot water filled lines to heat the home or a radiant system utilitizing radiators, etc. ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Sun Mar 24, 2013
Robert Dorgan answered:
Hello Sue,

Thank you for considering Shelbyville and Shelby County, Kentucky as your new Community. As a Business owner and 20+ year Resident, after living from Pennsylvania to California and overseas, I am sure you will find our area a Great place to call home for you and your Family. Please contact my Friend Shelby County Sheriff - Mike Armstrong # 502-633-4324 re statistics.

If I can be of help in any way, please feel free to contact me #502-552-2861 or my CENTURY 21 Abbot Realty & Auction Office in Shelbyville # 502-633-5321.

This IS a Great Time to be buying Real Estate.

Bob Dorgan
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Sun Dec 30, 2012
Joel Lobb answered:
Property must meet HUD Handbook 4905.1 & 4150.2 or similar standard. A FHA
roster appraiser can verify adequacy/working order of electrical, plumbing, heating,
water & waste disposal on existing dwellings. ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Wed Aug 1, 2012
Yellowsublime answered:
Wed Oct 12, 2011
J answered:
I DO understand your concern with triggering "Due on sale clause" related to your mortgage. In my opinion and the way I understand the clause in NC is a deed transfer without the permission of the lender with a lease option will trigger the clause. This is hot topic in my neck of woods.

Please consider having a brief and confidential conversation with an attorney you trust before moving forward with anything. In the meantime, you may want research your state's laws, plus go over your deed and mortgage documents. Also, do some research related to the Garn-St. Germain Act as well. Walking away should never be an option but more a last resort after exhausting all credible resources. Good luck to you!
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Tue Aug 23, 2011
Don Tepper answered:
Here's a link to a blog I wrote on how to find rent-to-own homes:

Hope that helps.
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Wed Jan 5, 2011
Phil Rotondo answered:
I have a 32940 for you.
And if needed I'll show you my 32934.
Cheers from Sunny Florida!!
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Search Advice
Shelbyville Zip Codes