Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

In My Neighborhood in Shelby Township : Real Estate Advice

  • All77
  • Local Info4
  • Home Buying21
  • Home Selling7
  • Market Conditions3

Activity 1
Tue Oct 30, 2012
Sigrid Garrick answered:

You can ask for the appraisal report. Sometimes they make mistakes. I just found an error in an appraisal for one of my buyers & fortunately the appraiser corrected it.
You can go on my website & look at the market insider for your zip code. You can also send me your address & information about your home & I can check what the comparable comps are in your area.

If there is enough errors in the appraisal report, you can ask to have it corrected or ask for another appraisal. Each appraiser could come up with different figures.

This is a very common problem these days. The home prices are going up & they base their appraisal on past sales. The past sales are less than what current market value would be.

There are some companies that are offering refinancing without an appraisal. You might want to check that out as well.

Best to you,
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Search Advice