Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Shasta County : Real Estate Advice

  • All8
  • Local Info0
  • Home Buying4
  • Home Selling1
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 196
Fri Jun 23, 2017
Sally Grenier answered:
Talk to your REALTOR and please re-read the contract you signed. You likely have an inspection clause that will let you terminate the contract if you find issues during inspection. Or you can ask the seller to fix those things, or you can ask them to credit $$. Again, talk to your agent who can explain the process and help you decide if this is worth terminating over, or if there is some other resolution that both parties can arrive at. Good luck! ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Mon Jun 12, 2017
Sheryl Arndt answered:
Yes absolutely, These links should have the answers to any questions you may have on schools:

Sheryl Arndt, Real Estate Broker - Sr. Loan Officer CA only
Veteran and VA/CalVet Loan Specialist
Credit Repair Advice At No Cost
ALL Loan Programs Available
24+ Years Experience
BRE# 01140252
NMLS# 297251
... more
0 votes 15 answers Share Flag
Fri May 12, 2017
Rabkat11 asked:
Checked my credit report as we are selling our house and looking for new one and noticed my current mortgage is still showing closed with no payments
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Thu May 4, 2017
Kathy Burgreen answered:
I'm a former realtor. The big question is did this cash buyer know about your home for sale because of your realtor's marketing efforts? Did this cash buyer visit your home during the listing contract period? If "yes" then you owe your realtor a commission. BEWARE: If you sell your home to a buyer after your listing contract expires and your realtor discovers that your buyer visited the home during the listing contract period, your ex realtor can sue you for the full commission.

Here is the secret on how it works: During your listing contract period, your realtor put an electronic lockbox on your home. These lock boxes record the agent's name, date and time visited. When a home is sold, realtor's have access to county tax records and can easily get the buyer's name and date your home was sold. Even if you sell by owner after your contract expired, it takes about 2 minutes for an agent to look up your address, see the name of the buyer you sold your home to, then contact agents who visited your home and ask them if your buyer was one of their clients. Once an agent reveals your buyer visited your home during the listing contract period, boom - your realtor has proof that you owe a full commission.
... more
1 vote 1 answer Share Flag
Wed May 3, 2017
Arpad Racz answered:

Did you happen to get a copy of the city/county notice about the issue? It would be great to have a contractor look at that for more detail.

All the best,

0 votes 11 answers Share Flag
Tue Apr 18, 2017
Kellycausi asked:
Sat Apr 1, 2017
Rosie96003 asked:
Noticed on our property there is a crime report from 2016 reported by Riverside County. We are in Northern CA and Riverside is in Southern CA about 8 hours away. How do we get this removed…
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Sat Mar 4, 2017
Desiregreen86 asked:
I have a eviction on my name but its been over 7 years but I am willing to pay a double deposited.
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Thu Feb 16, 2017
J fourjensens asked:
Sat Nov 5, 2016
Kjturner7 asked:
I originally listed my property on, and updated new photos on there today. But, for some reason, the photos on your website, show an old photo that should have been deleted.…
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Wed Nov 2, 2016
Carriesimmons530 asked:
I'm in Shasta county area looking for a awesome home. I'm getting into the phase of education and business plans togeter. I need good area for a year round garden and hot grow room but…
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Fri Oct 28, 2016
Jennmsprengle asked:
I was only offering to help a friend who was living in a tent while her boyfriend was in a drug facitlity and now he tells me they don't have to go and he was never invited here in…
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Tue Sep 13, 2016
Yes there are attorneys that specialize in foreclosure, I might hire one of them. They are easy to find using Google, and you would want a specialist. They charge less and do a great job. It is better to find a local service but not required. Any licensed CA attorney that specializes in forelclosure could do the job.

That said, I am about to go on and on, about what may be useless information and thoughts: but in case it is helpful.

Once you find out what the lawyers charge for this, if you are up to the task, depending on the situation, you might save some money and just hire a paralegal to file a notice of default. This needs to be published in a local paper, and is filed with the court and becomes a public record. Once you do that, the borrower will not be able to find a lender to refinance your note, so if you have received any requests for a pay off, you may want to hold off.

I would contact the borrower, maybe they are going through some kind of a temporary and drastic problem, a death or something? Contacting them, will also allow you to sum up the situation. Are there other liens foreclosing? I personally would not become a "Snidely Whiplash." In other words, it may be a tragic situation that you may want to be a bit merciful. Perhaps the owners have cancer and are dying. Your NOD may just shove them right over the edge and kill them. You wouldn't want that...or maybe they are nasty mean people and you may want to torment them as much as possible. I would call with a caring attitude and find out. (Actually you sound like you have already done that.) If all else fails, you can always tie them to the railway tracks.

Once you file the NOD, the owner of the property will get bombarded with offers to buy the property, that may solve your problem right there. You may get offers to buy your note. All be it at a discount usually, not always. Trust me, they will have their phone ringing and have all kinds of truly obnoxious people pounding on their door starting most days at 6 in the morning. It used to take about 90 days to foreclose, I know they have changed it.

Remember they can file chapter 13 and put you off for a year or more. Another reason for calling them in person and assessing the situation. So if they are dying of cancer and the NOD does not kill them, the imbeciles knocking on their door at all hours will finish them off for sure. I am guessing you may be considering, going over there and killing them yourself. I would consult your attorney first, there could be legal consequences.

But, remember what the police say, "no good deed shall go unpunished," If they are dying of cancer, and you do not foreclose, it may be a probate you are dealing with. Of course the probate court will have to approve your foreclosure and they can take 9 months to give you a preliminary hearing.

Being it may be the property is a bit rural, it is less likely to be bombarded, so the attorney may be the way to go, as you may need someone to carry it through to the end.

You do want to be careful, if there is a lien holder that is senior to yours that forecloses and you miss it, then you could lose your lien. For about $75 there are services that will notify you. You may want to call the county tax assessor and see if anyone else is foreclosing. Ask them if there is a service to notify you.

They are usually very slow to foreclose based on tax liens. It sounds like you have a first, If you have a 2nd lien and a first forecloses before you, you could have your lien dismissed, it would become personal debt to the borrower. This may be better if the property is upside down, as you can then get a judgement for the full amount, that lasts for 10 years and then renew it for another 10 years if the world does not end before that. Based on our choices for president, either way it goes, it may just end.

On the other hand if you foreclose, you will also need to pay the taxes and any senior liens. You may not be prepared to have more money going into this. It sounds like you are.

It sounds like you have already, but I would also determine the present value of the property, the easy way is to take the value provided by Trulia or Zillow and adjust for the condition, knowing that Trulia and Zillow will usually give you the average value of the average house in average condition in that area. Having this information will help you decide the best course of action.

Do not take this instead of any legal advice I am not a lawyer. I do not envy your situation and hope it works out for you.
... more
1 vote 1 answer Share Flag
Thu Sep 8, 2016
Derek Jones answered:
Got to Zillow> search and select your home> go to owner's section to edit photos.
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Tue Sep 6, 2016
Angelica P answered:

We didn't get enough information about your problem to resolve the issue. Please provide us with complete property address and we will be happy to assist you.

For future reference, you can feel free to contact us about this type of inquiry through our contact form here:

Thank you for using Trulia!

Consumer Care Advocate
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ...
Search Advice