Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

98102 : Real Estate Advice

  • All14
  • Local Info3
  • Home Buying5
  • Home Selling2
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 12
Wed Jun 14, 2017
Dave Skow answered:
normally seller pays for the title policy that goes to the buyer and normally buyer pays for the title policy that goes to the lender ( if there is a loan involved)
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sat Mar 25, 2017
Anthony Mickelsen asked:
I live in a 36 unit 3-story condo in seattle, wa. I am on the third level. The building was built in 1956 and then in 2008 it was renovated into condos. I purchased my unit and moved in…
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Wed Mar 22, 2017
Sureshvenkata12 asked:
Tue Sep 13, 2016
Kary Krismer answered:
You really need to talk to an attorney about your specific situation, but deficiency judgments are rather rare in Washington assuming the security document was a deed of trust.

If there is a deficiency judgment, you will likely be responsible for some costs, primarily attorney fees and other foreclosure costs. But typically your responsibility for costs ends at the point of the foreclosure sale, not the later sale where the bank lists the property using an agent.

Again you need to talk to an attorney. Your being liable for a deficiency will depend on specific facts, including your income/assets and type of loan (e.g. USDA).
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Fri Jul 22, 2016
Kary Krismer answered:
I think it varies by area. The last time I looked a few months ago, south Snohomish County was way out of date in part because the Sheriff was switching over to a new system. Probably nothing was more current than 9 months.

SPD has a lot of crime data on-line and you'd probably be better off looking there if you're looking for something inside the Seattle city limits (or another law enforcement website for other areas).

Finally, keep in mind that a lot of crime can be prevented by simple precautions (lights, not leaving stuff inside a car, etc.) and that some things are rather random. On the last point, in my neighborhood there was a murder within the past 8 years, but and that one event was a family member killing another family member.
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu Jun 2, 2016
Kary Krismer answered:
The NWMLS does not feed directly to Trulia, Zillow or That requires that either the listing agent or their firm push their listings to those entities.
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu May 7, 2015
Dave Skow answered:
thanks foe the posting sound like you are taking all the right steps .....I am guessing that the type of property you are describing in the area that you describe isnt existing ( unfortunately ) ...correct?

an idea ( maybe ) .....possible co borrower ( in order to incrase income ) and buying power ...this is not an ideal solution but I figured I would mention it ...this could also cause soem of the WSHFC programs to not be eligible of luck
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Mon Feb 23, 2015
Marla Rodriguez asked:
to pay downpayment before move, they aren't here they are overseas it seems weird can i trust this person
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Thu Feb 7, 2013
Karen Mcknight answered:
Hi KT,

In general, you obviously the mobile home needs to be removed from the land. There may be a company that will remove it for a lesser fee for the scrap value. Being built before 1970, there is hazardous waste mitigation. I would suggest you find a company through Bing or Google. 1-800-got-junk may be able to point you in the right direction.

I would not put a modular home on it, but would sell the vacant land. The vacant land has more value than the land with the mobile home on it, because removing the mobile home is a cost. You could list the home with the mobile on it and discount the price accordingly. Then the new buyer, who may have better resources to handle the mobile home, can take care of the problem.

Or, if you have the resources, build on the land and then sell the improved property. What you build depends on the neighborhood comparable properties and zoning.

If you don't have the resources to build, but have the resources to remove the mobile home, do that first, because it will improve the sales price of the land.

i have worked a lot with developers, investors and builders and would be happy to answer any questions you have, including determing the value of the land. Or depending on the location, I may have a potential buyer.

Warm Regards,
... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Fri Feb 24, 2012
Matthew Steel answered:
I would highly recommend contacting a local, seasoned Real Estate Broker who specializes in short sale and other distressed property transactions. Request proof of the Brokers successful short sale and/or foreclosed closings. There is a special recipe to increase your success on buying and selling short sale and/or foreclosure properties. ... more
0 votes 40 answers Share Flag
Wed Feb 8, 2012
Daniel Smith answered:
Hi Sharron My name is Daniel Smith broker at Keller Williams if you would like me to check my off market sources( asset managers ) at several of the local banks, as well as what is available on market and what is going to auction in the next few weeks let me know.
I would be happy to help
Daniel Smith
... more
0 votes 9 answers Share Flag
Sat May 24, 2008
Patrick Beringer answered:
This is a great question, and it brings up something that I see a lot of. If you decide to buy a condo near a store or nightclub, then be aware of noise and traffic that comes with that location. I'm always amazed that people buy a condo next door to a tavern or club and then constantly complain about the noise. Do your homework before you buy!!! You should make a neighborhood review a standard part of your inspection process. ... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Search Advice