Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Seattle : Real Estate Advice

  • All1K
  • Local Info115
  • Home Buying478
  • Home Selling97
  • Market Conditions46

Activity 1,399
Thu Aug 11, 2016
Getachew206 asked:
Mon Aug 8, 2016
Yankeldegalitzyana answered:
Try TD Bank they would give you a loan if you are the trustee and the beneficiary.
They have good rates and they make it very easy to apply.
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Tue Aug 2, 2016
Kary Krismer answered:
You need to talk to an attorney about your options. My thought would be you might be able to have the property placed into receivership, and then having the receiver sell the property, but I am not at all familiar with that process, so I can't say that will work. You would need a creditor/debtor attorney or maybe a real estate attorney.

At this point neither banks is probably all that interested in speeding things up because the value of the asset is likely increasing rather than decreasing.
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Tue Jul 26, 2016
Dave Kohl answered:
There are companies out there that will get your home on the MLS and provide limited services for you for a fee. If you want an agent to handle the calls and do the work for you then you need to hire an agent. If you want to handle the calls yourself, you should be prepared to do so and be able to sound professional. You also should not sit back and rely on the MLS to sell the home for you. All you'll get are calls from agents seeking the listing from you instead of bringing you potential buyers. You should have a budget and a plan in place to advertise and market your home in order to attract potential buyers. If you don't want to do the work it takes by yourself, then you are better off to find the right agent for you. ... more
0 votes 17 answers Share Flag
Sun Jul 24, 2016
Kary Krismer answered:
Very very old post, but the first thing I'd do is get rid of the 10 mph speed limit. That's absurdly low for any area, and just gets people to ignore it. Once they ignore it, then the limit no longer does any good.

Given the low limit I doubt the size of the complex is big enough for my second suggestion: Have the HOA hire off duty cops to patrol and ticket. My HOA does that, but the roads are public. If the roads are private about all they could do is report violators to the HOA for fines.

Finally speed bumps are a horrible idea, unless you like to reduce your property values, cause strain on cars and hear cars speeding up all the time. The worst place to live is anywhere near a speed bump or stop sign because of the changes in vehicle speed.
... more
0 votes 22 answers Share Flag
Fri Jul 22, 2016
Kary Krismer answered:
I think it varies by area. The last time I looked a few months ago, south Snohomish County was way out of date in part because the Sheriff was switching over to a new system. Probably nothing was more current than 9 months.

SPD has a lot of crime data on-line and you'd probably be better off looking there if you're looking for something inside the Seattle city limits (or another law enforcement website for other areas).

Finally, keep in mind that a lot of crime can be prevented by simple precautions (lights, not leaving stuff inside a car, etc.) and that some things are rather random. On the last point, in my neighborhood there was a murder within the past 8 years, but and that one event was a family member killing another family member.
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu Jul 21, 2016
James Hagarty answered:
hey Sarah - based on my understanding, if you were scheduled to close today that should not be an issue. but I'm guessing by now you have already closed on your home, so congratulations and welcome to Washington! :) ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Wed Jul 20, 2016
Golderj answered:
Check 64.34.364 section 11 if you obtain through foreclosure you are not responsible for previous HOA s
0 votes 16 answers Share Flag
Sat Jul 16, 2016
Kary Krismer answered:
This is up to your agent to do. Not all agents/firms push their listings to Trulia, Zillow and That is something you should find out before you list, because as a seller you do want your listing on those sites (and others), not just the broker sites.

As a buyer you want to mainly look on the broker sites, for the additional and more current selection.
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Fri Jul 15, 2016
Kary Krismer answered:
Google Maps will show you typical commute times at different points of the day.
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Wed Jul 13, 2016
Angelica P answered:

I am happy to help you get your listing posted on Trulia.

If you would like to post a rental on Trulia, you will be redirected to use our partner site, Zillow Rental Manager, to list your rental on Zillow, Trulia and other top sites. Please follow this link for instructions on how to post a rental listing:

If you have additional questions or have issues with posting your listing, please reply back to this email and I will be happy to help you.

Zillow Rental Manger Help:

For future reference, you can feel free to contact us about this type of inquiry through our contact form here:

Thank you for using Trulia!

Consumer Care Advocate
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Tue Jul 12, 2016
Anthony answered:
Hi Joe,

Thank you for contacting Trulia. I am happy to offer some assistance if you are still trying to remove your rental listing. All Trulia rental listings are sent from other sources, like landlords, other rental websites, etc. Rental listings have to be removed at the source in order for the Trulia page to be converted to an unavailable or off-market status. Most rental listings on Trulia come from Zillow. I would recommend checking the article below for insight into how to remove a rental listing there. Once removed, the listing will be off Trulia within 24 hours.

If you find this does not resolve this issue or if you have any additional questions, please write to us directly with the address for the rental here:
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu Jul 7, 2016
Kary Krismer answered:
Washington's Supreme Court just ruled that the banks do not have the right to do this. There is apparently a class action lawsuit over the practice. ... more
0 votes 13 answers Share Flag
Mon Jul 4, 2016
Marcy Baskin asked:
Yesterday I discovered my house had been broken into by Safeguard Properties. To add insult to injury, they left the house unsecured, garage unlocked, lockbox open and accessible (the lockbox…
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Sun Jul 3, 2016
Kary Krismer answered:
This is an excellent question, and will get my typical answer, but this time it's also because I'm not 100% certain of the answer. Usually it's because I'm not certain of the facts,don't want to give legal advice, and an agents statutory duty to suggest expert advice. So for four different reasons: You need to consult an attorney.

From memory I don't believe there are any questions on the "Form 17" disclosure statement which would apply, partly because I don't believe this would be a "material defect" and not an answer to a specific question. That said, advertising the view could be risky and there may be some duty to disclose that I'm not thinking of (again consult an attorney). If you do have a duty to disclose and don't, you could be sued, and that is not a good thing by any means.

One thing I do know the answer to is your agent would have to disclose it if asked. For a regular agent it would violate statutory duties and for a Realtor it would violate statutory duties and ethical rules to not disclose if asked.
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sat Jul 2, 2016
USMortgageRanger answered:
Yes I have a asset base mortgage that you match your situation. I would be delighted to provide you with some mortgage options, this does not require us pulling your credit and will allow you to make the best decision for your family. I can be contacted for a FREE no obligation consultation.

Lowell Sterling
Mortgage Banker
NMLS 968898
Phone 469-347-3572
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sat Jul 2, 2016
Songoffly asked:
Hi, recently I want to rent a room in Seattle, WA, USA through trulia. However, I find that I cannot ask for more information through the website just because I do not have a US phone number(I…
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Wed Jun 29, 2016
T.behan asked:
Mon Jun 27, 2016
Kary Krismer answered:
Based on the fact that you used the term "roll" I think you might believe that you still need to buy a new house to avoid tax liability when you sell your old house. That hasn't been the case for probably at least 20 years. Now you can exclude $250,000/$500,000 of gain as long as you've lived there long enough (generally two years) and other conditions are present (e.g. the property hasn't been used as a rental). Consult your tax adviser.

As to what you'd have left from the sale, you'd need to know your costs of sale and the amount owing on your mortgage(s). Costs of sale in Washington tend to be about 3% PLUS the amount of any commissions.

So, for example, if you sold your home for $220,000 with a 6% commission and owed $140,000 on your mortgage, your net proceeds would be roughly $60,000.
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
... 4 5 6 7 8 ...
Search Advice