Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Seaford : Real Estate Advice

  • All22
  • Local Info2
  • Home Buying8
  • Home Selling2
  • Market Conditions2

Activity 21
Thu Apr 27, 2017
NewGuy asked:
Hello all quick question I have a approved Certificate of Completion for an enclosed porch/ sun room converted from a rooftop patio. The room has electric in it and no plumbing. If I decide…
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Wed Jul 15, 2015
Aaron and Cheree Tiry answered:
Have you checked out the "rent" section at the top of Trulia? There may be something in there. Otherwise you could also check to see what they have for posted for rentals. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Tue Sep 23, 2014
Dawn Noak answered:
Hi Juice-

Via MLS there have been 93 homes that have closed in Seaford since April of 2014. I am sure you can add a few more by way of FSBO.

What house are you speaking of on a canal in Seaford? The one on Ocean has taxes of $12,789.97.

Dawn Noak, LSP
Gladstone Group
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Mon Aug 4, 2014
Russ Notti asked:
This question was asked from
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Mon Feb 17, 2014
Oleg Volfman answered:
The question I would ask is - DO YOU WANT THE HOUSE? Also, how much more is the flood insurance? I believe you can get flood insurance under $1,000 for the year.

If you think my answer is good, please click BEST ANSWER.

Oleg Volfman
Quick Deal Realty, Inc
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Sun Feb 9, 2014
Tina Rossetti answered:
Hi - You can absolutely change your bank. Regarding the flood insurance-before you buy any home -check to see the flood map to see what the elevation is - whether you are x zone-AE Zone -AE X preferred It all counts on your quote. Also check to make sure that house didn't claim twice in 10 years-if so you will basically go up 25% per year I think starting 2015 if they don't change the law that's in progress now. If you have any further questions you may have I would be more then happy to answer them. My cell is 516-749-6925. Thank you
Tina Rossetti
Cell 516-749-6925
... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Tue Nov 26, 2013
Jeremy Harrison answered:
I strongly suggest looking into conventional financing with either Fannie Mae or Freddie Mac. Both offer between 3% to 5% down payment programs. Through these programs you'll also be able to enjoy far less expensive mortgage insurance premiums and or lender paid insurance premiums. These loans also have less restrictions when it comes to purchasing condominiums or planned urban developments that have associations. Now unfortunately I do not service NY but I will be more than happy to answer any other questions you may have and or offer some unbiased guidance. Best of luck with your new purchase. ... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Sat Jul 6, 2013
Thomas Brady answered:
Hi Cristy, it is a short sale and still listed as available. Are you looking for short sales? Do some homework on short sales before plunging in. You should get a buyer's agent in any case, but especially with short sales as they are tricky. Good luck.

Licensed Real Estate Salesperson
Notary Public, Retired N.Y.P.D. Lt.
#1 Listing & Selling Office on Long Island
Charles Rutenberg Realty, Inc.
255 Executive Drive - Suite 104
Plainview, New York 11803
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Wed Jun 26, 2013
Jenny D'attoma answered:
Answer: mortgage pre approval and a great agent who is very thorough will get you into contract fast!
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Tue May 28, 2013
Gina Lollo answered:
Simply, 203 k means that the home is in need of repairs that a conventional loan will not allow for. You actually borrow extra money to cover the cost of the repairs. You will need an estimate from a contractor and inspections of work will need to be done. If I can help you find your new home, please contact me at: I am a certified buyers agent. Good luck! ... more
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Mon Feb 11, 2013
Bobby answered:
I bought a house for 1 million plus with no mortgage all cash.
Now I want to get a home equity line of credit or mortgage.
I there any way I can get a HELOC for no income veryfivcation.
Please let me know
... more
0 votes 19 answers Share Flag
Wed Nov 14, 2012
De Vonte Williamson answered:
Hello. You should consider working with an Agent of your own, who can assist you in your search. Additionally, you could check out for available rentals, as well as local newspapers and other print ads. Be sure that if you are using a service such as craigslist, to verify ownership before exchanging money.

I hope this answered your question! If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact me by the ways below.

Wishing you all the best,

De Vonte Williamson , LSA
Proudly Serving Long Island
Coldwell Banker Residential
"I Stand Behind Getting You Results!
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Sat May 14, 2011
Anna M Brocco answered:
Since no link is visible, not sure which property you're referring to...
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Sat Feb 5, 2011
Robin Silverberg answered:
Generally the lender will not get CO's on a property they are selling as a short sale. In addition, I have not seen any towns or villages in Nassau County issuing temporary CO';s. The big question is what type of financing you are looking for. If the only work that is needed on the house is the CO's, then you probably wouldn't want to use a 203k loan. However, if there is anything needed, either to get the CO's issued, or to do other work, you can go that route. The 203k loan is an FHA rehab loan. If the costs involved are less than $35,000, you can do it as a streamline. If more, then you have to do a regular 203k.
If you are planning to put down more than 20%, then there is a possibility that you could get a loan and give an undertaking at closing that you will get a CO within "x" period of time. It depends on what the CO is for, and what is involved. This does not mean that your attorney will allow you to close without the CO.
This brings us to another issue, what the contract says, and what doesn't have a CO. If we are talking about a finished basement with a bathroom, and the contract doesn't say something like, "the seller will not get a CO on the bathroom", then I doubt that this will be picked up. The CO says it is for a 1 family house, not a 1 family house with a bathroom in the basement. As long as there are no open permits, you should be fine.
Arlynn and I have worked together on deals where attorneys do thing slike put in the contract that the seller will remove the bathroom in the basement and the gas stove in the basement, will cap off everything but the buyer can put it back after closing. That is something that you don't want to see.
... more
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Fri Feb 4, 2011
Justin Ruzicka answered:
Here is a blog about home ownership. I might be helpful to you.
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Sat Oct 2, 2010
John Ford answered:
I work for Century 21 Prevete and we buy homes all cash! Call me

John Ford
Century 21 Prevete
616 Broadway
Massapequa, NY
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Sat Oct 2, 2010
Karen asked:
Sat Apr 11, 2009
Thomas McGiveron answered:
i believe with trulia - the agent must adjust the price manually. they probably haven't yet or aren't going to because honestly - we don't get much buyer leads from trulia.

Leads come from signs,,, and advertisements. ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Thu Dec 25, 2008
Arlynn B. Palmer answered:
House photos may be updated periodically by the real estate agent who the seller is working with so that the home always looks fresh compared with the changing seasons. This may be a question for the realtor you are working with - did your realtor take the photos him/herself? Was this done by a professional company for a fee? Were your photos taken by the Multiple Listing Service in your area? The answer to these questions will give you an insight as to what the expense would be to update the photos and perhaps why it has not been done. The flip side to the answer of course is whether the look of your home has appreciably changed and whether the current photos look outdated. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
1 2
Search Advice
Seaford Zip Codes