Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

85257 : Real Estate Advice

  • All18
  • Local Info1
  • Home Buying11
  • Home Selling0
  • Market Conditions1

Activity 15
Sat Dec 2, 2017
Frank S. answered:
Hello Sam, yes you may if you are in payment arrangements and have made minimum 3 payments on time. Your qualifications will be determined by your credit profile, debt to income ratios, fico scores, loan program and how much you want to invest into the purchase.

You may consider FHA 3.5% down from a minimum 580 fico score and fico scores between 500-579 will require 10% down for FHA. If you have a minimum 620 fico score you may consider 3% down conventional.

Your scores can be raised within 3-4 days in most cases to qualify for programs, rates and terms as necessary. How much do you pay in rent and what is the maximum payment you are looking to afford?

If you figure out what cities/zip codes you are considering, minimum number of bedrooms, baths and the maximum payment/price you are looking to achieve you can be emailed listings to fit your search criteria. Check out the web reference link below...
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Thu Dec 8, 2016
Karen Peyton answered:
For information about this program and other Down Payment Assistance programs, you need to speak with a lender. There are quite a few and all are slightly different with regard to qualifications - both borrower and property.

If you'd like a referral to an excellent lender, contact me. You can also ask for referrals from family, friends and co-workers, or contact your bank or credit union to get started.

Best of luck!
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sat Jul 16, 2016
Karen Peyton answered:
You haven't asked a question, but if you want a referral to a lender, contact me through my profile or website.

Best of luck accomplishing your re-fi!
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Tue Nov 10, 2015
Dan Tabit answered:
Time to talk to an attorney. They can tell you your rights and options and maybe able to negotiate with your ex if you can't.
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Wed Aug 19, 2015
anonymous asked:
I'm interested in becoming a licensed real estate agent, but I have a stable career as an accountant, so I would like to do this part-time on the side. I would love to someday build…
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Fri Nov 7, 2014
Kimberly Small answered:
Absolutely consult your attorney. Should you need a referral please feel free to contact me.
I have a amazing real estate attorney!
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Wed Oct 15, 2014
Jennie Miller PLLC answered:
There could be a lot of moving parts to your scenario so you should speak with an attorney about this so that you have an answer that will protect your best interests.
0 votes 11 answers Share Flag
Wed Oct 15, 2014
Jennie Miller PLLC answered:
The lender that is financing your home may require that you have flood insurance if the home is located in a flood zone. The best recommendation for you is to contact the lender and/or a homeowner's insurance agent for more information. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Wed Sep 24, 2014
Bianca Bennett answered:
Have you spoke with a lender? I know a qualified lender that can help.
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Tue Aug 19, 2014
James Wehner answered:
The price depends on if you are looking at single family homes or condominiums. The smaller the home, they higher the price/ sqft will typically be. If the home is remodeled, it will obviously have a higher price/ sqft than a home that is in need of updating. There are also many other factors to be considered when comparing price/ sqft. If the home has a garage or a pool, it will effect the overall price/ sqft.

Are you considering purchasing or selling?
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Thu Apr 24, 2014
Eric Clyne answered:
I would think if you own the home free and clear it would make the process a little easier. Reasons for
agents not wanting to work with you could be future financing issues, location of future investment, and overall expectations. If these issues match up you might just need a different agent. ... more
0 votes 13 answers Share Flag
Fri Jan 4, 2013
James Wehner answered:
As the others have mentioned, you will need to consult with your attorney and accountant. Everyone's situation is different. You will need legal and financial advice regarding your specific situation. Best of luck! ... more
0 votes 9 answers Share Flag
Tue Nov 1, 2011
all a quit claim is is the release of equity position in the property but does not absolve from note (financial) obligation from the lender
need to ask an attorney re: legalities
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Tue Mar 22, 2011
Terri Vellios answered:
This is a legal question which should be answered by your Divorce attorney and possibly a real estate attorney.

Generally a quit claim only relieves any ownership claim to the property, not any liens associated with it. However, you may have some other documents within you divorce or at the time of the quit claim which we are not privy to.

Please contact your divorce attorney.
... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Mon Nov 8, 2010
Jason Whaley answered:
It depends if you are on the note or not. If not, no worries, if you are, it is already in foreclosure so you would be accountable for the missed payment and a possible deficiency. Check with an attorney asap. ... more
0 votes 10 answers Share Flag
Search Advice