Schools in 63028>Question Details

Vernell Wind…, Other/Just Looking in Cedar Hill, MO

will Festus R6 scholl district in missouri have school all year round in 2009?

Asked by Vernell Windes, Cedar Hill, MO Fri Nov 14, 2008

0 votes Share Flag Schools in 63028

Who knows what the Board of Education will do. Knowing a teacher there who says she does not thinks so. Festus is over crowded in my opinion and unable to get a bond issue passed. In addition R-7 to the South just built a new High School taking students away from Crystal City and Herculaneum the most, but also Hillsboro. In my opinion the answer is not year round school nor a new High School, but to redistrict. We have students living with mailing addresses in Crystal City going to Festus; with mailing addresses in Pevely (Herculaneum) going to Festus and with mailing addresses of Hillsboro going to Festus and with mailing addresses of De Soto going to Festus. However, that is too obvious and the Festus Board of Education would surely view this as a loss of tax dollars rather than the true analysis of cost savings. Just say'n..