why is worcester 2998 MCAS result low compare to other town in the county?

Asked by Ayo Akib, Worcester, MA Sat Dec 20, 2008

Answers

3
Sweetcfortin, , Worcester, MA
Tue May 11, 2010
Make sure you are looking at a breakdown of actual schools as opposed to Worcester as a whole. I don't know why it differs so greatly, but I know the schools in the Burncoat area of Worcester score much higher than Worcester proper. Remember it's not the district that drives MCAS scores, but the teachers in the actual school your child attends.
Angela Dolber, Agent, Whitinsville, MA
Sun Dec 21, 2008
Hi Ayo, there are many websites to check out for school testing information out there, so you may get different results with each one. One that I check as well is http://www.greatschools.com Very comprehensive site. I would recommend checking out some schools yourself - if doing an area visit, fir example, see if you can schedule an appointment to tour the local schools. Worcester is an up and coming city, as well as with their school systems. There are other good school systems such as Grafton and Millbury that are just outside of the city. I work in Worcester County, so feel free to ask any questions if you need extra help.

Angela Dolber
angela@pruprimehomes.com
Web Reference:  http://www.thedolberteam.com
Ken Lambert, , Exeter, NH
Sat Dec 20, 2008
Hello Ayo- I think that's great that you're looking into the MCAS scores of potential public schools for your child/ children. Qualities of schools and teachers and school programs and services can vary greatly within a county. I don't know off the top of my head, but my guess is there are 25-35 middle schools in Worcester County. Many of them are in towns that are quite different from Worcester. It might be tough to compare.

You might consider one of the neighboring towns near Worcester that may have a school system that aligns more with what you're looking for. There are still some great real estate deals in most of those towns.
Feel free to contact if you need any further help. Thanks, and good luck,

Ken L.