Schools in Friendswood>Question Details

Kel, Other/Just Looking in Friendswood, TX

which school district is better. Friendswood texas or pearland texas. we are relocating from virgina

Asked by Kel, Friendswood, TX Fri Nov 18, 2011

We moved to Friendswood ten years ago because of the exemplary school. It was the best decision we could have made for the childresn. We also like the community and proximity to Houston, NASA, Galveston, etc.

My two children were in the FISD schools and they had very positive experiences. My daughter earned college credits on various classes that applied to her university studies. She participated various sports including in track and cross country.

My son was on the football team, theatre and took several advanced classes including mathmatics and chemistry. He will be attending the University of Texas to sart his studies to be a doctor. All of my childrens friends will be attending major universities next fall. That factor speas for itself.

The community is very safe and virtually crime free. The police force is extremelly efficient and curteous. The population, in general, is highly educated and very friendly. My choice would be Friendswood if I were to do it over again.
Pearland is much better! My children used to attend Friendswood, but now they attend Pearland. While my child was in 7th grade, she was learning about multiplying fractions. When she transferred, we found out that they were learning about linear functions. We transferred in the middle of the year and we were got off guard by how much better and smarter the Pearland schools were. She was behind at first in her classes, but the teachers were willing to put in extra time and effort to make her better. One of her friends at Friendswood started failing a class and even though her mother and she tried to get help, all the teacher would do was tell her the same thing over and over again. After doing this for a brief period of time, the teacher would leave and tell her to figure it out! I KNOW that they are not the only people who experienced this problem. Many families have complained about this common problem among the Friendswood teachers to me. Pearland kids also advance faster. For example, a program called BYOD was introduced to Pearland schools in early 2011. Friendswood schools didn't offer BYOD until late 2012 (this was a program that did NOT cost money, so money isn't why they started late). Also, Pearland has a dress code so they don't have to worry about the pretentious things. My older girl used to have a few friends in Friendswood who just "had" to get a 50 dollar make-up kit because every other girl had one. Even my 10 year-old boy had friends had to get the right shirt because all the other kids thought they were cool. Another reason is the Friendswood kids judge others more. They have a high bullying rate and the teachers don't do anything about it. My oldest girl was getting bullied while in 8th grade at the Junior High. The teachers was standing right next to the girls when the bully was saying the rude things and the teacher did nothing about it! She turned to tell the teacher about it and the teacher said that he would report it, but he never did! Events like these just kept repeating themselves. Eventually I had to drive us over to the bully's house and I had a talk with the bully's parents about their child's action. Pearland has a much better policy. When my boy started getting bullied and he told a teacher, the teacher reported it an the problem went away without me having to interfere. Chose Pearland!
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Dec 21, 2013
Hi Kel, Because this is a decision you will ultimately have to make yourself, check out the two links below to do some research on each of the school districts mentioned. The second site ALSO has a link for you to check out available homes in the district. Its a great research tool. AND

GOOD LUCK, GOD BLESS and I hope this helps you out with your search.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Nov 19, 2011
Friendswood is outstanding and Pearland is very good. Its important to note that Friendswood lies in two districts. One being part of CCISD which is also good but very large. When speaking about Friendswood I am referring to FISD which is Friendswood Galveston county. We are a 4A School district with only one high school, one junior high and two elementary schools. You will also want to consider what type of activities your children are involved in. I moved to Friendswood for the schools to be in a smaller, quaint community. I currently have one in 8th and one in 10th and they have been in FISD since Kindergarten. It has been a wonderful experience. Home prices do tend to be a bit higher because of supply and demand. Friendswood is nearing built out whereas Pearland is not. Do to less supply home prices rise at a higher rate than Pearland. You may want to go to to view all the campuses. I have been selling real estate in the area for over 14 years. Feel free to email me or call for additional information.
Friendswood ISD has great ratings. If you would like you can go to this website and review the school and neighborhood profiles for both Friendswood and Pearland School districts. My relocation clients find this website very helpful.
Friendswood, but I'm partial! Friendswood is a much smaller district and is one of only a handful of exemplary districts in the state---meaning every campus in the district has the exemplary (highest) rating. Pearland has many good schools, but the overall district ratings for Friensdwood are higher. It's a great community and much smaller than Pearland. We've been ranked as one of Money Magazine's Top 100 places to live a couple of times in the past few years, and Family Circle rated us high for raising a family not long ago. I'm happy to answer any questions and help you get setttled in my hometown. =)

You can find me on

Ruth Ann
Pearland ISD and Friedswood ISD school districts are great.
The Friendswood ISD is smaller and typically has a smaller student to teacher ratio so the kids might get more attention.
Check out the School Finder comparison tool on my web page
Many of my relocation buyers have found this to be useful.
Candia Lundry,Broker Associate
Prudential Gary Greene Realtors
Web Reference: