Schools in Sacramento>Question Details

Bree, Home Owner in Sacramento, CA

my daughter will be 4 8/28 ,i live on knoll st 95815.how and where do i go to enroll her in preschool?which one is the best?

Asked by Bree, Sacramento, CA Wed May 2, 2012

Answers

2
I would use the power of the internet to search for schools and ratings. There are many other parents who are willing to share information.
Preschool is not a requirement and not funded by the general school district. Rather it is a parent's choice to pay to send their child to preschool in most cases. If you are low income, there are public programs available under restricted situations.

You might want to try this website to see about preschools in your area:
http://www.education.com/schoolfinder/

A parent's decision on which one is the best, is very personalized, and dependent on the teacher and administration for that particular year. Staff changes will affect your view of the experience your child will have at that school. In addition, you might want to consider what you are hoping to achieve with preschool. Learning social skills, identification of colors, letters etc is appropriate. If you expect the preschool to be just childcare then you can get that too, but most real preschools are a couple of hours a day and do not take the place of parent participation in their daily development. I do not recommend heavy academics at the age of 4, but I'm not the parent. You can get that too.