is this a good place to raise a child that is starting in pre k or is there a lot of college students?

Asked by Kbboatwright, Tallahassee, FL Wed Aug 1, 2012

Answers

2
Lena Seiler, Agent, Tallahassee, FL
Mon Aug 27, 2012

There is obviously no shortage of college students in Tally, but it is a great big-little town for kids!!! So much to do & explore, so many wonderful friends to meet! (mother of two young, VERY active boys writing!) Parks, lakes, nature trails, playgrounds, museums, history, kid-oriented events, workshops, parades, pools, city gymnastics, libraries, shows & concerts, ice cream shops, GREAT TEACHERS & SCHOOLS! :)

Local paper Tallahassee Democrat is a great source for upcoming events - Friday issues will keep you in the loop for a week. You can get a broader picture for the whole 2012/2013 from its annual LIVING HERE magazine - the new issue just came out last week, I will be happy to mail you a copy, just email or text me your address at 850-559-4549.

Have a wonderful day!
Miriam Nickl…, Agent, Monticello, KY
Wed Aug 1, 2012
I have raised two children here. They attended public schools and one went to FSU and the other currently works at FSU. It has been a great experience. I personally find Tallahassee a great place to work, play, and live.
I also spent 20 years working in Higher Education. While there are many college students as FSU, FAMU and TCC are located here, most students live on the west and southwest side of town. You can find wonderful family oriented neighborhoods where you rarely, if ever, run into college students.
I am a realtor with Armor Realty of Tallahassee. I would be happy to meet with you and explain the entire buying process. You can reach me at 850-933-3585.
Miriam